Crikey's Electioncast - a daily Australian federal election podcast
Day 33: What's the mood in NSW's toss up seats? with Amber Schultz
Season 1, Ep. 22
A handful of seats held on a razor thin margin could decide the 2022 federal election. On today's Electioncast, associate editor Amber Schultz speaks about traveling across NSW to seats that still bear the scars of the Black Summer bushfires.
View all episodes
28. Day 42: The 2022 Federal Election with Kishor Napier-Raman, Amber Schultz, Bernard Keane and Charlie Lewis33:06The 2022 federal election is officially in the books. On today's edition of the Electioncast, audience editor Imogen Champagne speaks to Kishor Napier-Raman, Amber Schultz, Bernard Keane and Charlie Lewis about a remarkable result that will change the way we think about Australian politics.
27. Day 40: The fierce battle in the campaign's final days with Bernard Keane19:35On the eve of the 2022 election, political editor Bernard Keane talks to associate editor Amber Schultz about how the campaign evolved over the weeks, what issues became the focus and what the legacy of the teal independents will be.
26. Day 39: Labor's costs and the Prime Minister's lies14:58The last week of the election has been centred around costings: when will they be announced, what will they show and whether they matter. On today's Electioncast, news editor Georgia Wilkins dissects the electoral tradition of policy costings, along with introducing Crikey's 'Campaign of Lies and Falsehoods' dossier.
25. Day 38: What is Anthony Albanese's final pitch to become Prime Minister?16:16them. Scott Morrison reset his campaign during a speech at the Liberal Party launch on Sunday. On today's Electioncast, federal politics reporter Kishor Napier-Raman debriefs on Anthony Albanese's last-minute pitch at the National Press Club today.
24. Day 37: How much are the parties paying Facebook to win your vote? with Cam Wilson14:38One of the main ways that political parties get a message out to voters is by paying Facebook. On today's Electioncast, associate editor Cam Wilson speaks with Georgia Wilkins about the different ways the parties are using Facebook, YouTube and other social media platforms to win your vote this election.
23. Day 36: How has Scott Morrison dudded young Australians? with Bernard Keane21:24A promise to let first home buyers dip into their super was the centre of the Liberal Party's campaign launch yesterday. On today's Electioncast, Bernard Keane speaks to Tips and Murmurs editor Charlie Lewis about how this is just the latest example of Scott Morrison creating policy that puts young Australians last.
21. Day 32: Did Scott Morrison or Anthony Albanese win the last debate? with Charlie Lewis10:31Some view the West as key to the 2022 election, which is perhaps why the last leaders debate between Prime Minister Scott Morrison and Opposition Leader Anthony Albanese were scheduled at a much more palatable time for sandgropers. On today's Electioncast, our man in the west Charlie Lewis spoke to Imogen Champagne about the debate and what he's seeing on the ground in WA.
20. Day 31: Will Clive Palmer derail this election? with Kishor Napier-Raman13:47After going guns blazing after Bill Shorten in the 2019 election — a decision that Labor thinks lost them the election — all eyes are on Clive Palmer and what he does in the dying days of the campaign. On today's Electioncast, federal politics reporter Kishor Napier-Raman spoke to news editor Georgia Wilkins about the Australian political chaos agent and whether he'll keep attacking both major parties or focus his sights on one target.