12. Evan Carmichael - Entrepreneur, Speaker, and Author of BUILT TO SERVE25:21Host Sergio Navarretta talks to guest, entrepreneur Evan Carmichael, about how Evan built a brand through solving a problem for entrepreneurs, how to identify and overcome negative thoughts, and the difference between creativity and productivity (and the importance of both). /// Evan Carmichael #Believes in entrepreneurs. Gary Vaynerchuk called him the DJ who inspires people and Ed Mylett called him a modern day Napoleon Hill. At 19, Evan built, and then sold, a biotech software company. At 22, he was a venture capitalist, raising $500k to $15M. He now runs a YouTube channel for entrepreneurs with over 3.48 million subscribers and 300 million views across his videos, wrote four books, and speaks globally. He wants to solve the world's biggest problem: that people don't #Believe in themselves enough. Forbes named him one of the world's top 40 social marketing talents, and Inc. named him as both one of their 100 great leadership speakers and one of their 25 social media keynote speakers you need to know. He's set two world records, uses a trampoline and stand-up desk, owns Canada's largest salsa dance studio (where he met his wife), and has a giant Doritos bag in front of him at all times to remind him that he's stronger than the Doritos. Toronto is Evan's home, and he's a husband, father, TSM Fan, and Teemo main.
View all episodes
11. Jim Cathcart - Bestselling Author of THE ACORN PRINCIPLE and Professional Speaker01:02:39Host Sergio Navarretta talks to guest, bestselling author and renowned professional speaker Jim Cathcart, about how Jim got started as a motivational speaker (and the man who inspired him to do it), financial literacy, and the ability that we all have to change our mindsets and live a more positive life. /// Jim Cathcart, CSP, CPAE, author, professional speaker and business leader, is the CEO of Cathcart Institute LLC (founded in 1977), an organization devoted to helping clients create and grow high-value relationships. In the top 1% of TEDx speakers, his talk has been viewed over 2.5 million times. He’s a professor in the Executive MBA program for the School of Management of California Lutheran University and their Entrepreneur in Residence. Jim’s four decades of study in applied behavioral science has resulted in THE ACORN PRINCIPLE, a guide to understanding the many elements that make us who we are. This breakthrough work achieved international best-seller status, and was the nation’s #2 best-selling e-book in 2000, second only to Stephen King. As the author of 23 books, a popular podcast guest and scores of recorded programs, his students number in the millions.
10. D. Anthony Evans - Bone Cancer Survivor and Transitional Plant-Based Lifestyle Coach01:51:44Host Sergio Navarretta talks to guest, bone cancer survivor D. Anthony Evans, about what D. Anthony learned from his mother (including the importance of giving more for less), how he survived bone cancer, and his own living legacy of helping people. /// Adidas called D. Anthony Evans one of the world’s most inspirational athletes, and they’re not alone in being amazed at his powerful story. As a transitional plant-based lifestyle coach and preventative maintenance awareness advocate, D. Anthony is dedicated to helping people with major health issues defy the odds and learn to thrive - because he knows how to. Despite a terminal cancer diagnosis of a malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor (MPNST) - a rare condition where tumors grow on nerves - he has survived by way of intense fitness, a plant-based lifestyle, and a positive mindset. Through his work at nonprofit Cheri Inspires, an organization dedicated to providing plant-based meals and lifestyle transition assistance to people afflicted with health issues, he empowers other people to cultivate for themselves all over the world. D. Anthony was also featured in FOOD CHOICES, a documentary that is available in 190 countries and 30 languages.
9. Barry Avrich - Award-Winning Director and Founder of Melbar Entertainment Group56:46Host Sergio Navarretta talks to guest, award-winning director Barry Avrich, about the importance of marketing for creatives (and his own advertising background), paying attention to your audience, and how mentorship is key (and the influence of a few of his own mentors, including Quincy Jones). /// Veteran producer and award-winning director Barry Avrich is the creative force behind Melbar Entertainment Group, one of the largest producers of non-scripted content in North America. Barry has produced and directed over sixty documentaries and filmed productions, including the internationally-acclaimed MADE YOU LOOK, THE LAST MOGUL, PROSECUTING EVIL, DAVID FOSTER: OFF THE RECORD, and OSCAR PETERSON: BLACK + WHITE. He has also produced over twenty-one award-winning stage-to-screen adaptations of Broadway and Shakespeare productions, including THE TEMPEST with Christopher Plummer and KING LEAR with Colm Feore. Melbar is currently in production on BORN HUNGRY, PALM BEACH DIARIES, and WITHOUT PRECEDENT. Barry's best-selling memoir, MOGULS, MONSTERS, AND MADMEN, was released in 2017. Barry also built the world's first movie theatre in a hospital in 2007, at SickKids in Toronto.
8. Charlé Young - Former NFL Star and NFC Rookie of the Year01:02:18Host Sergio Navarretta talks to guest, NFL star Charlé Young, about the concept of greatness, determination, and how everyone needs a word of encouragement now and then. /// A number one draft choice for the Philadelphia Eagles, an NFC Rookie of the Year, a three-time Pro Bowl star, and having lead the league in receptions, Charlé Young has had a significant impact on the NFL. Having played in two Super Bowls, Charlé left his impressive mark on each of the teams he played for over the course of his career, including the Eagles, Los Angeles Rams, San Francisco 49ers, and the Seattle Seahawks. On top of it all, Charlé founded an environmental learning centre for at-risk young men, a construction company, and a shoe company, and is now back in school studying communications and learning a thing or two about living a full life (and helping others do so, too).
7. Tom Girling - Former Undercover Narcotics Officer56:25Host Sergio Navarretta talks to guest, former undercover narcotics officer Tom Girling, about mindset, how working undercover is similar to acting, the importance of having intention in our lives, and never being afraid of asking for help. /// Tom Girling is a former undercover narcotics officer, and currently works as a qualified workplace mediator, workplace fairness analyst, and workplace investigator. He served for thirty-seven years with the Ontario Provincial Police, and held a variety of positions during his career. He is a volunteer mediator with the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office and works with law enforcement in mediating conflict and investigating allegations of harassment through his company, Eastwood Transformation Services Ltd., which can be found through his website, bluemediation.com. Music has also played a huge part in the highs and lows of Tom's life, from high-stakes situations in his work to his personal life, and on top of his varied decades-long career, he’s also a talented musician.
6. Kathryn Frazier - Entertainment Powerhouse, Publicist, and Founder of Biz 349:47Host Sergio Navarretta talks to guest, entertainment powerhouse Kathryn Frazier, about the power of manifestation, financial literacy, and the importance of spending time on yourself. /// Known as the rockstar whisperer, Kathryn Frazier is the founder of public relations agency Biz 3, representing such prolific clients as The Weeknd, Megan Thee Stallion, Daft Punk, J. Cole, Jessie Reyez, Migos, and Colin Kaepernick, to name a few. Kathryn is also an ICF-certified executive coach, where she helps people from all walks of life, from world-famous musicians to broke college kids, get to their truths and the best versions of themselves. Kathryn and Biz 3 have been profiled in FAST COMPANY, THE GUARDIAN , FADER, BILLBOARD, THE ATLANTIC, ROLLING STONE, THE WALL STREET JOURNAL, BLOOMBERG BUSINESSWEEK, among others, and continue to push the boundaries of a traditional press company.