Harish Hande is founder and chairman of Selco Foundation, a social enterprise seeking to inspire and implement socially, financially and environmentally inclusive solutions, by improving access to sustainable energy.
Selco have made under-served communities the central focus of their thoughts, words and actions. Harish has a doctorate in energy engineering from the University of Massachusetts and he serves on the boards of many organisations, both national and international.
In this podcast:
- What Selco is and who it’s serving
- The impact Selco has in India and what they hope to do
- How Harish defines his passion for leveling the playing field of opportunity for the poor, no matter where people come from
- What social enterprise is, and what it should be
- Why Harish would like to innovate the education system
- Why Harish hopes to see Selco kill itself