DealQuest Podcast with Corey Kupfer
Episode 29: Launching and Funding Startups, with Peter Dolch
After graduating from M.I.T. with a Bachelor of Science in Management Science, Peter Dolch went on to pursue an impressive resume of business endeavors. With more than 25 years of experience in launching and managing technology-based start-ups, he left a mark on NYC before moving north to the suburbs. Peter is an active contributor to the community and the President and co-Founder of Thaumaturgix, Inc. (Tgix) which was twice ranked in the Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies list. Peter acts as the Managing Partner at Tgix; the CTO of Biospectal SA (a Swiss-based MedTech Startup); the Managing Partner at AEON Foundry, an NYC-based fund investing in and mentoring early-stage startups; is on the Advisory Board of American Diamond Mint, a new way to buy, sell and trade diamond assets; and is a Science Advisory Board member of DietPower.
Some of his past achievements include: Founding Board Member of Port Indigo, a mobile solutions company; Founding Board Member of UnChat LLC, an online democracy platform; member of the Board of Advisors of Transclick, a wireless multi-lingual gateway and translation platform; Founding Board Member of CheetahMail, an email marketing company; member of the Board of Advisors to Intellireach Infocrossing, an IT outsourcing company; Board President of his NYC Co-Op.
What You Will Learn:
- Peter Dolch’s career of launching and managing startups
- How to generate revenue with your company’s unused resources
- Challenges of investing in early-stage startups
- Benefits of investing independently versus venture funds
- Angel groups and how they work
- Y Combinator and how accelerators work to help startups reach the next inflection point rapidly
- Expectations you should set with your investors
- What makes a company fundable
How to connect with Peter Dolch: