The White Lady
Today’s is an intriguing tale involving a daisy, a 1920s American socialite (reputedly), two Harrys, and one Hardy (for good measure). The cocktail is the White Lady, and leading us on our exploration is VinePair’s very own Emily Arseneau. Listen on or read below to discover Arseneau’s White Lady recipe — and don’t forget to subscribe!
Emily Arseneau’s White Lady Recipe
- ½ bar spoon simple syrup
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- 2 ounces London Dry Gin, such as Beefeater or Tanqueray
Garnish: lemon disc (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Shake until cold and strain into a chilled Coupe glass.
3. Garnish with and optional lemon disc or express and discard.