The Whiskey Sour
The base spirit is whiskey, the flavor profile is sour, and it’s called the Whiskey Sour. Of course, there’s so much more to learn about this cocktail than those two factors, and today we’re doing so under the guidance of the venerable H. Joseph Ehrmann. Listen on (or read below) to discover Ehrmann’s Whiskey Sour recipe — and don’t forget to subscribe!
H. Joseph Ehrmann’s Whiskey Sour Recipe
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- ¾ ounce simple syrup (1:1)
- 2 ounces 100 proof rye whiskey or high rye bourbon
- ¾ ounce egg white
- Garnish: 1 Maraschino cherry
1. Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker without ice and dry shake.
2. Shake until well incorporated.
3. Add ice and shake until chilled.
4. Strain into a chilled rocks glass without ice. Garnish with a Maraschino cherry.