The Rob Roy
In an exploration of the world’s most famous Scotch whisky cocktail — The Rob Roy — Adam Montgomerie, a Scottish native and bar manager at Hawksmoor New York, takes us on a whisky, sweet vermouth, and bitters deep dive. Listen on (or read below) to discover Montgomerie’s Rob Roy recipe — and don’t forget to subscribe!
Adam Montgomerie’s Rob Roy Recipe
- 2 ounces single malt Scotch, such as Clynelish 14 Year Old
- 1 ounce sweet vermouth, such as Martini Rosso
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
Garnish: 1 brandied cherry
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice.
2. Stir until cold and strain into a chilled Nick and Nora glass.
3. Garnish with cherry. (Optional: express and discard a lemon or orange twist.)