In the midst of what some people (namely host Tim McKirdy) are describing as a “Cosmopolissance,” we sit down with the drink’s inventor Toby Cecchini to discuss how he developed the cocktail, its changing status over time, and — of course — how to perfect its preparation. Listen on (or read below) to discover Cecchini’s Cosmopolitan recipe — and don’t forget to subscribe!
Toby Cecchini’s Cosmopolitan Recipe
- 1 ½ ounces Absolut Citron
- ¾ ounce Cointreau
- ¾ ounce fresh lime juice
- ¾ ounce Ocean Spray Cranberry
Garnish: lemon twist
1. Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Shake until cold and strain into a chilled Coupe glass.
3. Garnish with lemon twist.