Today we are joined by the inimitable Jared Brown, founder of Sipsmith gin, to discuss the Bramble, a modern classic created by his friend and contemporary Dick Bradsell. Listen on or read below to discover Brown’s Bramble recipe — and don’t forget to subscribe!
Jared Brown’s Bramble Recipe
- 50 milliliters London dry gin
- 25 milliliters lemon
- 10 milliliters simple syrup
- 20 milliliters crème de mûre
- powder sugar
1. Combine gin, lemon, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Shake until cold and strain into a double Old Fashioned glass filled with crushed ice.
3. Top up with more crushed ice and top with crème de mûre, ideally pouring around the edges of the glass.
4. Garnish with two blackberries and a dusting of powder sugar.