The Benton’s Old Fashioned
In this episode, we’re joined by Jeff Bell, owner of New York’s PDT, to discuss the allure of speakeasies, the genesis of “fat-washing” spirits, and the iconic modern classic that ties both topics together: The Benton’s Old Fashioned. Listen on (or read below) to discover Bell’s Benton’s Old Fashioned recipe — and don’t forget to subscribe!
The Benton’s Old Fashioned Recipe
- 2 ounces bacon-infused Four Roses bourbon
- ¼ ounce maple syrup, such as Deep Mountain Maple
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
Garnish: orange twist
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice.
2. Stir until cold and strain into a chilled rocks glass with a large, clear cube of ice.
3. Garnish with a small orange twist.