The 50/50 Martini
Industry legend Dale Degroff joins us today for a wide-ranging exploration of the 50/50 Martini. We discuss the evolution of this cocktail over the course of the last 150 years, and examine the evolution of the spirits category at large. Listen on or read below to discover Degroff’s 50/50 Martini recipe — and don’t forget to subscribe!
Dale Degroff’s 50/50 Martini Recipe
- 1 ½ ounce Old Tom Gin or Old Duff Genever
- 1 ounce Cocchi Vermouth di Torino
- ½ ounce Dolin Dry vermouth
- 1 dash Dale Degroff’s Aromatic Bitters
Garnish: orange twist (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice.
2. Stir until well chilled and strain into a chilled Nick & Nora glass.
3. Garnish with an optional orange twist.