We are living in an age of increasing pressures on the environment and numerous social and economic challenges. Everyone is talking about sustainability, reducing emissions, recycling, re-using and becoming carbon neutral. But what does all this mean in the world of IT and the tech sector?
We caught up with Joe Baguley, VMware CTO and Andy Gomarsall MBE, Director at N2S (and former England rugby international) to discuss the environmental impact and sustainability in IT.
Listen to the podcast to find out more about:
- What sustainability means in the world of IT and from the point of view of software and hardware
- The impact of cloud computing and virtualisation on the environment
- The savings and environmental impact of re-using, recycling and re-purposing hardware and components
- How to find efficiencies in data centres
- The issues around re-use versus recycling for hardware
- VMware’s commitment and sustainability initiatives
- Why we should be celebrating sustainability and key tips for getting started on this journey