Clan of the Horses
23 - Calming Signals
Season 5, Ep. 23
I today's episode you'll meet Turid Rugaas and Rachaël Draaisma who will shed some light on equine calming signals. Photo: Anne Lill Kvam.
22 - Meet Arne Koets
- Being the leader is not being the boss. A true leader is the servant of the follower. You serve everyone and everything but yourself. That's when riding is fun. When you do it as a service to everything around you - including your horse, says Arne Koets, who teach and practice historical dressage and mounted combat.
Trailer - season 5
- This dynamic riding style is very seat-orientated and advocates a light hand. Much like guiding your partner through the steps of a tango, it is all about directing energy into harmonic motions, a dance of horse and rider.
21 - Meet Kelly Wilson
Season 4, Ep. 21
- I prefer liberty work with wild horses because the conversation is more honest and more direct. You can not afford to make mistakes with horses that are not domesticated. You only get one chance, says horse trainer Kelly Wilson from New Zealand, who specialises in taming and training wild kaimanawa horses.
20 - Meet Benni Líndal II
Season 4, Ep. 20
- When you reach a new level with your horse, spend some time there before you advance the training. It will make your horse strong, confident and proud, says master trainer Benedikt Líndal.
19 - Meet Benni Líndal
Season 4, Ep. 19
- We are never allowed to surprise the horse, but the horse is always allowed to surprise us - with how good he can be, says master trainer Benedikt "Benni" Líndal. Illustration: Sigga Ævars.
18 - Tina's Horses - MOZ#2
Season 4, Ep. 18
- On my Norwegian podcast I have several short episodes that I refer to as moments of zen. They are apt to be moments I have experienced with horses that has taught me something important about horses apt to change the way I understand or relate to them. This is one of those moments