The Contribution of Accounting Profession in Sustainable Economic Growth ft CA Aniket Sunil Talati
Ahead of the CII Annual Session 2023, CA Aniket Sunil Talati, President, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India highlights the role of accounting profession in enabling a resilient & sustainable economic growth for India.
What is the way ahead for the country as it looks to emerge as a 5 trillion-dollar economy by 2025? How is ICAI contributing towards strengthening the sustainability ecosystem in the country? How are the latest technologies and trends shaping the accountancy profession in India?
View all episodes
12. The World is on Fire ft Prof Larry Summers41:02Prof Larry Summers, Former US Treasury Secretary and President Emeritus at Harvard University shares his perspectives on global economic challenges in an insightful lecture on ‘The World is on Fire’, held on 23rd Sept 2023 in New Delhi.What are the implications of the global economic developments and challenges for India and the emerging economies? How can emerging economies navigate through this turbulence and rise above the existing global uncertainties?
11. G20 India: Partnering for a Sustainable Future ft Karanraj Chaudri23:16In the second B20 India podcast, as a part of the CII-UNDP collaboration, Karanraj Chaudri, Advisor, Strategic Initiatives, UNDP discusses the key achievements and milestones of India's G20 Presidency in the area of sustainable development, climate action, inclusivity, health, digitalization, etc. and highlights how the unanimous adoption of the New Delhi Declaration marks a significant step towards a better future for all. He is in conversation with Vasudha Venugopal, Journalist, NDTV.How has India's G20 presidency contributed to advancing the cause of inclusive and sustainable development on the global stage? What lessons can future G20 Presidencies learn from India's approach in navigating complex global issues related to sustainable development?
87. Revitalising Global Economic Growth and Financing for Climate Sustainability Transition ft Mark Carney27:30Mark Carney, UN Special Envoy for Climate Action and Finance; Co-Chair, GFANZ; Chair and Head of Transition Investing, Brookfield Asset Management discusses how global economic growth and financing can be aligned for strengthening climate transition at the B20 Summit India 2023.How can higher global economic growth in a climate sustainable manner help economies address the impacts of climate change and build resilience? What are the five principles that can help economies support global growth and finance climate sustainability transition?
86. Leveraging India’s Digital Platforms for Global Good ft Nandan Nilekani17:14Nandan Nilekani, Chairman and Co-Founder, Infosys and Founding Chairman, UIDAI (Aadhaar) talks about the remarkable journey of the India Stack at the B20 Summit India 2023. A set of API, it has laid the groundwork for the establishment of a comprehensive Digital Public Infrastructure in the country.How can India’s digital platforms and the learnings from its digital journey be scaled up for driving global good? How has the development of a robust digital public infrastructure transformed the delivery mechanism of important services, such as financial inclusion, digital education & healthcare, government services, etc. to the Indian citizens?
85. How can Industry level the playing field for India@100? ft Dr Naushad Forbes50:49Dr Naushad Forbes, Past President, CII & Co-Chairman, Forbes Marshall discusses how Indian industry can create a more equitable environment for all, while promoting diversity and inclusion in its workforce, as we strive for India@100. He is in discussion with Rajan Navani, Chairman, CII India@75 Council. What are the top three areas that the industry, given its extensive reach and resources, should prioritize in order to drive inclusive development? What are the critical areas that need to be addressed to establish India's reputation as a technology & innovation powerhouse, aligning with the India@100 aspirations?
10. Governing AI – India’s Opportunity to Lead ft Brad Smith35:46Brad Smith, Co-chair, Task Force on Tech, Innovation and R&D; Vice Chair and President, Microsoft Corp, USA discusses how India can lead the way in crafting ethical frameworks, innovative policies and collaborative strategies that harness the full potential of AI, while safeguarding the rights, values, and aspirations of its citizens and the world at large. He is in discussion with Kris Gopalakrishnan, Chair, Task Force on Technology, Innovation and R&D; Chairman, Axilor Ventures & Co-Founder, Infosys India.What is the biggest opportunity that the AI wave brings for people in the G20 countries and beyond? How should countries, society, and organizations leverage this new technology for building guardrails for the future? As India undergoes a rapid digital transformation, what can it do in the field of AI for itself and for the Global South?
9. Impact of Digitalization for Emerging Markets ft Muhamad Fajrin Rasyid16:59Muhamad Fajrin Rasyid, Co-Chair, B20 Digital Transformation Task Force and Director, Digital Business, PT Telkom Indonesia (Persero) Tbk discusses the impact of digitalization on emerging markets and its role in transforming existing businesses. He is in discussion with Pranjal Sharma, Economic Analyst, Advisor & Author. How can digital transformation empower businesses to enter new markets and reach a global audience, transcending geographical boundaries? How can digitalization be leveraged to strengthen corporate governance and promote sustainable practices for companies engaging in ESG-driven investment strategies?
8. Innovation and R&D to Boost Decarbonization ft Fernando de Rizzo22:49Fernando de Rizzo, Co-chair, Task Force on Tech, Innovation and R&D and CEO of Tupy, Brazil discusses how can technology and new innovations help economies make a shift towards carbon-neutrality. He is in conversation with Dr Richard Lobo, Head- Innovation, CQH and Chief Ethics Counsellor, Tata Chemicals.Under its G20 Presidency, how is India driving meaningful discussions and shaping policies that can contribute to global economic progress? How can innovation and technology contribute to the promotion of a low-carbon economy? What is the role of forums like the B20 in addressing the challenges in the decarbonization journey of economies?
7. Financial Inclusion for Economic Empowerment ft Mark Tucker09:34Mark Tucker, Co-Chair, Financial Inclusion for Economic Empowerment and Group Chairman, HSBC Holdings, UK offers valuable insights on developing a framework linking financial inclusion and economic empowerment. He is in conversation with Dinesh Kumar Khara, Chair, Financial Inclusion for Economic Empowerment and Chairman, State Bank of India. How can international collaborations and partnerships contribute towards promoting financial inclusion and economic empowerment on a global scale? How should the business community of B20 India 2023 Financial Inclusion for Economic Empowerment take the agenda forward?