G20 India: Partnering for a Sustainable Future ft Karanraj Chaudri
In the second B20 India podcast, as a part of the CII-UNDP collaboration, Karanraj Chaudri, Advisor, Strategic Initiatives, UNDP discusses the key achievements and milestones of India's G20 Presidency in the area of sustainable development, climate action, inclusivity, health, digitalization, etc. and highlights how the unanimous adoption of the New Delhi Declaration marks a significant step towards a better future for all. He is in conversation with Vasudha Venugopal, Journalist, NDTV.
How has India's G20 presidency contributed to advancing the cause of inclusive and sustainable development on the global stage? What lessons can future G20 Presidencies learn from India's approach in navigating complex global issues related to sustainable development?
View all episodes
93. Building Resilient Capital Markets ft Madhabi Puri Buch27:15Madhabi Puri Buch, Chairperson, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) talks about the strategies that will further help in building resilient capital markets to support the growing needs of the Indian economy at the CII Global Policy Economic Forum 2023. What are the ways of striking a balance between ease of doing business vis-a-vis investor protection? How can data and tech enabled solutions play an important role in effective decision making? How can partnerships between regulator and industry help in having supportive regulations in place?
13. Strengthening Global Value Chains ft Mark David Abrams10:44Mark David Abrams, CEO, Global Head of Trade & Receivables Finance, Trade Finance Global, highlights the importance of enhancing the resilience of global value chains to mitigate the impact of supply chain disruptions.What are some key challenges that need to be addressed to ensure that global value chains are both inclusive and resilient? What are the emerging trends and technologies that will have a significant impact on the trade finance and commodity finance sectors, and how can they enhance the resilience of global value chains?
92. Shaping India@100 through Art and Culture ft Kiran Nadar47:43Kiran Nadar, Chairperson, Kiran Nadar Museum of Art, Trustee, Shiv Nadar Foundation discusses how promotion of art and culture in India can foster creativity, inclusivity, economic growth and cultural richness in the country. She is in discussion with Rajan Navani, Chairman, CII India@75 Council.How can India leverage its soft power to become a global leader by 2047? What can be done to encourage and empower more women to assume leadership roles in creative fields? In a globalized world, how can we empower and celebrate local artists and cultural expressions while preserving their authenticity and uniqueness?
91. The E-commerce Boom in India ft Rahul Garg29:56Rahul Garg, Co-Chairman, CII Delhi Startup Panel and Founder & CEO, Moglix gives an overview of the fast-evolving e-commerce sector in India and highlights the new trends shaping its future in the country.How are businesses leveraging technology to enhance the customer experience and streamline operations? How are Small and Medium Enterprises benefiting from e-commerce platforms? In what way can online businesses incorporate eco-friendly practices in their operations and supply chains?
90. The Fast-Evolving Tourism Landscape in India ft Rikant Pittie20:24Rikant Pittie, Co-Chairman, CII Delhi Sub-Committee on Tourism and Co-Founder, Easemytrip sheds light on the factors that are transforming the tourism landscape in India and lays down the future roadmap for a robust growth of the sector in the country.How has travel and tourism evolved in the recent years and what key factors are driving these changes? How are technological advancements influencing the way people plan travel? What are the steps being taken by the Indian industry to address environmental concerns and promote sustainable travel?
89. Innovation Driving Collective Growth for India ft Puneet Kaura17:18Puneet Kaura, Chairman, CII- Delhi State and MD & CEO, Samtel Avionics Ltd highlights how innovation is transforming businesses and propelling collective growth for the country.How are new innovations transforming the future of the defence sector? How can policies support businesses in Delhi stay innovative and agile, making them globally competitive? What is the role of states in India’s national development?
88. India@100: Orchestrating the Symphony of Change ft Dr Ricky Kej43:53Dr Ricky Kej, 3X Grammy® Award Winner; Billboard #1 Artist (USA); GQ Hero 2020; United Nations "Goodwill Ambassador" (UNCCD); United Nations Refugees "High Profile Supporter"; UNESCO MGIEP "Global Ambassador for Kindness"; UNICEF "Celebrity Supporter"; Earth Day Network "Ambassador” highlights how can India leverage its soft power and cultural richness to become a global leader by 2047. He is in discussion with Rajan Navani, Chairman, CII India@75 Council.What needs to be done to ensure that artisans, folk musicians, artists are accommodated in the mainstream growth narrative? How can young and upcoming musicians use their art to create positive change in the world?
12. The World is on Fire ft Prof Larry Summers41:02Prof Larry Summers, Former US Treasury Secretary and President Emeritus at Harvard University shares his perspectives on global economic challenges in an insightful lecture on ‘The World is on Fire’, held on 23rd Sept 2023 in New Delhi.What are the implications of the global economic developments and challenges for India and the emerging economies? How can emerging economies navigate through this turbulence and rise above the existing global uncertainties?