The Chase for 28
Welcome to Spring Training 2021 - CF28-008
Segment 1 - Yankees New & Notes
- Welcome Back Brett Gardner
- Boone: 'Safe to say' Cole to start Yanks' opener
- Luis Severino - 12 months after his UCL surgery. Severino also said he expects to start throwing bullpens soon and hopes to return ahead of the estimated late June/early July timetable: "I'm 100 percent sure that I'll be back to what I was in the past."
- Michael King to start GFL opener vs Toronto on 2/28
- 2000 fans will be present
- Upcoming YES broadcasts - 2/28 Blue Jays, 3/1 Tigers, 3/5 Tigers, 3/7 Phillies, 3/10 Pirates, 3/13 Pirates
- Statement from Domingo Germán, through Yankees PR: "It is important to me that I have the opportunity to speak directly with my teammates both individually and collectively and address them face to face before I speak to the media and our fans. This process has begun, but more time is needed, especially since half our team has yet to report to spring training. I recognize that speaking publicly will be an important step for me and I will do so in the upcoming days."
- Aaron Boone said that Domingo Germán talked to the team (around 30 min.) Germán talked to pitchers and catchers as a group and addressed the position players separately. Boone: "It was a good step; something that was important to happen and gave everyone a chance to really start that conversation."
- Name the Yankees pitcher who threw TWO no-hitters during the 1951 season.
Support The Chase for 28 Podcast with Official Merch
Become a Chase for 28 Podcast Legend
@chasefor28pod on Twitter - https://twitter.com/chasefor28pod
Saturday, April 8, 2023
Yankees Win First Two Series (4/8/23) - CF28-062
Home Plate Highlights ⚾️Current Record: 4-3 (T-2 ALE)Series: @BAL (4-3, T-2 ALE)4/7 @BAL L 6-7SF 2-1PHI 2-1Contract or Trade Torres?What to do with Aaron Hicks?Pitching Woes…Where do we go from here?What moves will we see/should we see from the Yankees?Hitting it Out of the Park 🤙Aaron Judge is off to a VERY good start!DJ LeMahieu is hot to start the season!Gleyber Torres is increasing his trade value!Out of the Park Picks 👇4/8-9 @BAL4/10-12 @CLE4/13-16 MINDown on the Farm 🚜Estevan Florial - Florial was designated for assignment last weekend, opening a spot on the 40-man roster for reliever Colten Brewer. The outfielder wasn’t traded and somehow passed through waivers, allowing the Yankees to outright the outfielder to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on Friday, April 7, 2023.Diamond Dispatch 📰How are the Rays Undefeated?Worst Teams in MLBYankee Baseball Brain Buster 🤔On April 7, 1994 this Yankees knocked in his 1,000 RBIBullpen Q&A ☎️You have opinions just like we do so we want to hear from you!Email us at email@example.comConnect with us on Twitter @chasefor28podSend a voicemail http://chasefor28.com/voicemailNew Merch 👕Volpe #11Penne alla VolpeHe's Different
Wednesday, March 29, 2023
Yankees 2023 Team Preview and Predictions (3/29/23) - CF28-061
Home Plate HighlightsCurrent Record: 0-0 (1st ALE)Series: SF (0-0, 1st NLW)2023 Yankees Roster DiscussionNew Yankees: Anthony Volpe, Carlos Rodon, Jimmy CorderoUnbalanced ScheduleBOS 6/9-6/10HOU 8/3-8/6@ NYM 6/13-6/14, NYM 7/25-7/26ASG SEA 7/11ALE: BOS (10-3), TB (8-5), TOR (8-5), BAL (10-3) / 13 / 5236-16 in DivisionNew RulesYankees announce Prime Video schedule (17 games)Carlos Rodón feels encouraged after second bullpen sessionHitting it Out of the ParkAnthony VolpeWatchung, N.J. The Yankees' first-round Draft pick (30th overall) in 2019, Volpe is about as homegrown as it gets, having grown up playing baseball on Manhattan's Upper East Side and eventually into one of the Garden State's better prospects of the last decade.275 G - ROOKIE (34), A/A+ (109), AA (110), AAA (22)1259 PA, 1044 AB, 218 R, 274 H, 77 2B, 13 3B, 50 HR, 162 RBI, 89 SB, 17 CS, 166 BB, 257 K, .263 BA, .376 OBP, .505 SLGOut of the Park PicksOpening Series - SF - 3/30-4/2PHI 4/3-4/5@ BAL 4/6-4/9Chris says the Yankees will go 7-2AJ says the Yankees will go 5-4Down on the FarmOswaldo Peraza begins the season in AAADiamond DispatchPredictions: Chris/AJALE: Yankees/YankeesALC: Twins/GuardiansALW: Mariners/AstrosNLE: Mets/MetsNLC: Cardinals/CardinalsNLW: Padres/DodgersALCS: Yankees/AstrosNLCS: Padres/PhilliesWS: Yankees/AstrosYankee Baseball Brain BusterThis Yankee outfielder wore both 3 and 7. Two jersey numbers made famous by Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle.Bullpen Q&AYou have opinions just like we do so we want to hear from you!Email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgConnect with us on Twitter @chasefor28podSend a voicemail http://chasefor28.com/voicemail
Sunday, February 26, 2023
BONUS: Yankees Open Spring 2023 with Loss to Phillies (2/26/23)
The New York Yankees played their first game of the season against the Philadelphia Phillies at BayCare Ballpark in Clearwater, Florida, over the weekend. Although they lost 7-4, many takeaways from the game were notable, including six in particular. Despite the introduction of new rules, including pitch clocks and shift restrictions, which are expected to change the game's dynamics, the Yankee's performance wasn't affected. The biggest highlight of the game was 20-year-old outfielder Jasson Dominguez, dubbed "The Martian," who hit a homer 420 feet to left-center field to lead off the fifth inning. Here are the five other takeaways from the game:First, Dominguez is the youngest player at big-league spring training for the Yankees and is considered the second-best prospect in the team's organization. Manager Aaron Boone praised Dominguez's understanding and ease of the strike zone, saying he has "no panic up there."Second, batters will need to adjust to the pitch clock, ensuring they're in the batter's box at the eight-second mark, and picking up signs from the third-base coach may prove challenging initially.Third, the pitch clock will make pitchers work faster on the mound, which will benefit infield defenses. Infielders will be more engaged than ever, and infield positioning will change.Fourth, Boone said there could be times when managers and umpires clash over the finer points of the new rules. There were some issues with the pitch clock resetting too soon during the game, which didn't give players enough time to get into their defensive positions.Fifth, infielders can no longer stand on the outfield grass due to shift restrictions, which might require some getting used to.Finally, despite Dominguez's impressive performance, he's focused on the task at hand and not on reaching the Bronx before the end of this season.