Camden Fringe Pod
Episode 5 - Budgeting
Season 1, Ep. 5
Michelle and Zena chat about how to budget for a fringe show - things you might need to pay for, savings you could make, what to charge for tickets and other sources of income. There's also a catch up on the additional shows that have confirmed theya re taking part in the 2023 Camden Fringe and some pigeon chat.
Apologies for the lack of a guest this week. We've got some great ones lined up for the next few episodes.
17. Episode 17 - Agent Cheryl Hayes22:59We are back after a short hiatus. Now let's get representation! Today we talk to Cheryl Hayes who has over 20 years of experience as an agent. She advises on what to expect from an agent, how to find one and what the best way to approach them is.Cheryl works with the Vivienne Clore agency https://www.vivienneclore.com/Camden Fringe: https://camdenfringe.com/Music: https://www.purple-planet.com/
16. Episode 16 - Writing with Nick Pettigrew29:33We get a bit more creative this week as we talk to bestselling author and script doctor Nick Pettigrew about the writing and editing process. We discuss editing, titles, testing our your work and getting over blockages.Nick on twitter https://twitter.com/Nick_PettigrewLinks to his book Anti-Social https://linktr.ee/AntiSocialBookWe are having a few weeks break from the podcast whilst we get on with putting the full Camden Fringe programme for 2023 together, but will be back soon with more audio fun!Camden Fringe: https://camdenfringe.com/Music: https://www.purple-planet.com/
15. Episode 15 - David Brady of the Lion & Unicorn Theatre27:50We chat to David Brady about the Lion and Unicorn's Camden Fringe progamme for 2023, Ikea chairs and getting your shit together. Lion & Unicorn Theatre: https://www.thelionandunicorntheatre.com/Proforca: https://www.proforca.co.uk/Camden Fringe info: www.camdenfringe.comMusic: https://www.purple-planet.com/
14. Episode 14 - Marketing with Andrew Collier23:32In this episode we talk marketing with theatre impresario Andrew Collier. Find out how to prepare and strategise to lure in an audience for your show. We also learn a bit more about Zena's lady clown show and how that is going to be pitched at the world.Two of Andy's portfolio of many companies: www.familytickets.com www.minorentertainment.com/Camden Fringe info: www.camdenfringe.comMusic: https://www.purple-planet.com/
13. Episode 13 - Matt Green29:02Michelle and Zena talk to comedian, writer and director Matt Green. Matt has a wealth of fringe experience and has performed at the Camden Fringe many times. He shares his insight into putting together a fringe show, self promotion and online video creation. More about Matt: https://www.mattgreencomedy.com/Camden Fringe info www.camdenfringe.comMusic: https://www.purple-planet.com/
12. Episode 12 - PR with Debbie Manley27:27Getting previews and reviews of a fringe show can be a vital tool when it comes to selling tickets. We have a chat with Debbie Manley who is journalist, public relations & Journalism lecturer and an old hand at fringe PR about the important things that can make your show stand out and how to best approach the press. Lots of great advice here which is relevant to PR and marketing in all fields.Camden Fringe info www.camdenfringe.comMusic: https://www.purple-planet.com/
11. Episode 11 - Stephen Smith25:38We talk to Stephen Smith artistic director of Threedumb Theatre and the performer/director/producer of the OffFest Award winning show Dog/Actor which was part of the 2022 Camden Fringe. He's not doing a Camden Fringe show this year, and altruistically Stephen shares his insights into putting on a one man fringe show, how to get rights to put on an existing play and the best ways to promote your work. Threedumb Theatre http://www.threedumbtheatre.comCamden Fringe info www.camdenfringe.comMusic: https://www.purple-planet.com/
Trailer00:59What's the Camden Fringe pod? Is it about the Camden Fringe? Who is it for? All these burning questions answered in this lovely little trailer.We don't actually explain what the Camden Fringe is though (for reference it's a theatre and comedy festival that has run in North London each August since 2006 (pandemic permitting.) This podcast is about that.)
10. Episode 10 - Access & Inclusion with SIC27:53In this episode Michelle and Zena talk to Alice Hargreaves and Annie Chadwick from SIC https://sicofficial.co.uk/ about access and inclusivity in Fringe Theatre. We discuss small, and often free, things that can be done to open up access to a show for people with disabilities and different needs, including access riders and relaxed performances. SIC will be running some in depth Workshops on Access in Theatre during April 2023 which are available to book now: http://bit.ly/sic-access-in-theatre-workshopsA few more useful links:Register of BSL interpreters https://www.nrcpd.org.uk/Leeds Playhousehttps://leedsplayhouse.org.uk/Camden Fringe info www.camdenfringe.comMusic: https://www.purple-planet.com/