The Brunton Bugle - A Carlisle United Podcast
Specials - Episode 4 - History of Home Kits
It's the latest of our special episode of The Brunton Bugle and this time, we're looking into the history of United's home kits!
Dan and Lee sat down for a chat about how United's home shirts have developed over the years and some of the weird quirks and intricacies that have occurred over time - from the unusual blue and white hooped shirts in the 60s, to black socks for much of the early years and of course, the famous toothpaste kit of the 70s.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Our all-time favourite and worst home kits
- The shockers voted for in a fans poll in the 1990s
- Whether red really is a Carlisle United colour
- The Shaddongate United "Boca Juniors" style kit
- What change we would like to see to United's home kit
Your host Lee Rooney is joined in Liverpool from a safe social distance of over 131 miles by Dan MacLennan in Carlisle. You can find us on Twitter @bruntonbugle and email us with any questions, suggestions and feedback to email@example.com.