Brett & Cliff's Flea Circus: A movie and TV podcast
Duty Free (1984): Keith Barron gets trapped in the Costa Del Sol
Season 4, Ep. 28
We look at the 1980s British sitcom Duty Free starring Keith Barron, after being obsessed with it thanks to a Vic and Bob mention. Music comes from The Rampants
View all episodes
35. Wogan (1983-93): A look at the broadcaster's all conquering chat show36:18A shallow dive into Terry Wogan's talk show, discussing some of the memorable guests and the great man's interview style. Music comes from MAZE with Actions
34. Cash on Demand (1961)34:09Looking at Hammer's 1961 Cash on Demand. A gem of a thriller with two increadible leading performances. There's a quiz and music from Manchester band, The Juice.
33. John Carpenter's Suburban Screams (2023)42:40John Carpenter returns to the screen for the first time in more than a decade with Suburban Screams. The horror master exec produced the mystery-based true crime anthology, directing the final episode. We discuss the first show of the series, Kelly. Music comes from Slick Pete Flash with universe (Full of Stars).
32. Automan (1983)01:07:13Automan is a 1983 TV show from Glen A Larsen (Knightrider, Battlestar Galactica) and takes the effects pioneered in Tron and puts them in a detective show. Hammy acting, corny dialogue and improbable plotting ensue.Music comes from Willy Bo Walker.
31. V (1983): The 80s horror sci-fi revisted47:35A sci-fi show from the 1980s that takes in horror and a fairly obvious dose of Nazi iconography. Remade years later, here we look at the original. Music is Bloom from Jim Sanger and Arttu Silvast.
30. Batfink (1966-67): Cult animation from the sixties28:51Brett picks Batfink as this week's quick-fire topic. A cartoon we both remember from morning TV in the 80s. There's also music from Ekranoplan.
29. Bottle Boys (1984-85): Best-forgotten 80s sitcom48:29We look at Bottle Boys, a 1980s sitcom with Robin Askwith, which Beatles scholar Mark Lewisholn hated. There's a milk quiz and music from Joe Adehmar.
27. Bouncer's Dream (1987): Inside a cult Neighbours episode53:04We're back with an episode looking at Bouncer's Dream, a cult moment from Aussie soap Neighbours that sees the show's dog dream of getting married. There's also a bonus focus on the Moldovian Massacre from Dynasty in 1985. Music comes from Slick Pete Flash with Silhouette.