Brett & Cliff's Flea Circus: A movie and TV podcast
District 9 (2009): Neil Blomkamp's South African alien parable
Season 4, Ep. 16
We talk about 2009's District 9, which made a star of Sharlto Copley and opened doors in Hollywood for director Neil Blomkamp.
Music comes from Mild Horses with The Work.
24. Evil Dead 2 (1987)58:16We return to Sam Raimi's Evil Dead series, with the 1987 sequel, sometimes called Dead by Dawn. There's also a quiz and music from Lines of Flight
23. The Rutles: All You Need is Cash (1978)01:05:18We welcome Luke from The Mariners to talk about 'the best comedy ever made' (his words) The Rutles: All You Need Is Cash. From Python Eric Idle and songwriter Neil Innes, the Beatles homage and pastiche is filled with clever songs and star-studded cameos. Music comes from Luke's band
22. Tucker & Dale vs Evil (2010)01:00:32Brett picks 2012 comedy horror Tucker & Dale Vs Evil, which takes the trope of a group of teens going to the woods and getting picked off by creepy locals and flips it. There's Cliff's suspects list and music from Hazy Sundays with Hear the Truth
21. Dungeons & Dragons (1983-85)41:36This week we revisit the cartoon version of Dungeons & Dragons from the 1980s, which came about on the back of the popular board game. There's a dragon quiz and music from former Dead 60s frontman Matt McManamon. Listen to more of his music here https://mattmcmanamon.bandcamp.com/
20. The Stuff (1985): Looking at the comedy, horror, satire movie01:03:57We're joined by friend of the show and former Empire editor Mark Dinnign to discuss a random 1985 comedy-horror movie, The Stuff, about an evil yoghurt. Music comes from Senses.
19. Beatlemania 1982: Liverpool and LA Conventions01:14:04We look at a Beatles documentary on YouTube, after spotting it being recommended on Twitter by documentary maker Grant McPhee. It looks at fans in LA and Liverpool looking back at their part in Beatlemania, and also at fan conventions happening in the 80s. Music comes from Cat Caves.
18. The Real Ghostbusters (1986)52:11This week we discuss The Real Ghostbusters, the cartoon spin-off of the classic movie. Brett reveals his propensity for knocking on doors and there's a ghost quiz and music from Skylights.
17. Interpol: Turn on the Bright Lights (2002)50:40Discussing the debut album from Interpol, Turn on the Bright Lights. Music comes from Holly Rees.