Brett & Cliff's Flea Circus: A movie and TV podcast
Beatlemania 1982: Liverpool and LA Conventions
We look at a Beatles documentary on YouTube, after spotting it being recommended on Twitter by documentary maker Grant McPhee. It looks at fans in LA and Liverpool looking back at their part in Beatlemania, and also at fan conventions happening in the 80s. Music comes from Cat Caves.
View all episodes
31. V (1983): The 80s horror sci-fi revisted47:35A sci-fi show from the 1980s that takes in horror and a fairly obvious dose of Nazi iconography. Remade years later, here we look at the original. Music is Bloom from Jim Sanger and Arttu Silvast.
30. Batfink (1966-67): Cult animation from the sixties28:51Brett picks Batfink as this week's quick-fire topic. A cartoon we both remember from morning TV in the 80s. There's also music from Ekranoplan.
29. Bottle Boys (1984-85): Best-forgotten 80s sitcom48:29We look at Bottle Boys, a 1980s sitcom with Robin Askwith, which Beatles scholar Mark Lewisholn hated. There's a milk quiz and music from Joe Adehmar.
28. Duty Free (1984): Keith Barron gets trapped in the Costa Del Sol52:35We look at the 1980s British sitcom Duty Free starring Keith Barron, after being obsessed with it thanks to a Vic and Bob mention. Music comes from The Rampants
27. Bouncer's Dream (1987): Inside a cult Neighbours episode53:04We're back with an episode looking at Bouncer's Dream, a cult moment from Aussie soap Neighbours that sees the show's dog dream of getting married. There's also a bonus focus on the Moldovian Massacre from Dynasty in 1985. Music comes from Slick Pete Flash with Silhouette.
26. A brief introduction to The Go-Betweens54:07After a short break, the lads are back with an episode about one of Cliff's favourite bands, The Go-Betweens. There's a quiz about Australia and music from Violent Vickie.
25. John Carpenter's They Live (1988)01:03:05Looking at John Carpenter's They Live, starring Rowdy Roddy Piper with one of Brett's old friends. There's a quiz and music from Simulakran Lab.
24. Evil Dead 2 (1987)58:16We return to Sam Raimi's Evil Dead series, with the 1987 sequel, sometimes called Dead by Dawn. There's also a quiz and music from Lines of Flight
23. The Rutles: All You Need is Cash (1978)01:05:18We welcome Luke from The Mariners to talk about 'the best comedy ever made' (his words) The Rutles: All You Need Is Cash. From Python Eric Idle and songwriter Neil Innes, the Beatles homage and pastiche is filled with clever songs and star-studded cameos. Music comes from Luke's band