Bootstrapping Your Dreams Show
#220 Innovating and socially impacting through technology with Melissa Sassi | Manuj Aggarwal | Bootstrapping Your Dreams Show
Are you curious to know how the leading tech giants like IBM and Microsoft headed? What are the challenges of making technology accessible around the globe? Then join me as I discuss with Melissa Sassi, the Global Head of IBM Hyper Protect Accelerator, Founder & CEO of MentorNations.
Melissa has given 100+ talks at UN events, education summits, tech conferences, and a keynote speaker in digital inclusion, women in tech, community building, youth empowerment, imposter syndrome, mentorship, and personal branding.
She has spent several years in Microsoft's Airband Initiative, where she was an internet and energy access impact investor. She is the chair of IEEE's Digital Intelligence initiative and a Founding Member of the Coalition for Digital Intelligence with the WEF, OECD, IEEE, and DQ Institute.
Melissa strives to make a digitally inclusive world with her work as a Board member of TAKMIL, a nonprofit organization with 30 informal schools in rural Pakistan, and TechWomen. Asia, an Afghanistan-based nonprofit organization, focused on tech skill-building for young Afghani women.
- (2:33) Melissa talks about her journey and her desire for a vibrant career.
- (10:50) How she used volunteerism and a hackathon to land her next big job.
- (12:50) With the level of success you’ve achieved, how do you find the passion to help others succeed?
- (18:00) What motivates you to keep going in spite of the odds?
- (19:34) Why it is important for everyone to adopt technology.
- (21:30) A tip on how to deter young people from violent extremism.
- (22:55) How have you promoted and achieved your goals at IBM so far?
- (27:35) Tell us about how your title “CHIEF PINGUIN” at IBM came about
- (31:02) What role do you play to help startups?
- (35:00) What makes IBM cloud special, and different from other services?
- (37:47) What do technologies need to do, to appeal to executives?
- (39:02) How do you cope with all the events you host, all the work involved?
- (42:36) Tell us more about the event we are working on (THE HUMAN CODE)
- (46:50) How will this event benefit the audience?
Reach Melissa here:
Reach us on:
Read Manuj’s story here:
And his entrepreneurial journey here: