Bootstrapping Your Dreams Show
#219 Dance: Boosting Business, Boosting Health | Mahrukh Dumasia | Manuj Aggarwal| Bootstrapping Your Dreams Show
Do you want to learn exclusive insights into the dance industry? Are you curious about how leading dance institutes create successful businesses?
Then join me as I discuss with Mahrukh Dumasia, the Creative Head and Chief Choreographer of TLCDC (Terence Lewis Contemporary Dance Company), which was voted as the number 1 Dance Company in India, and the Program Head of TLPTI(Terrence Lewis Professional Training Institute).
Mahrukh is one of the first Indians (along with Terence Lewis) to receive the prestigious Dance Web Scholarship at the Impulstanz – Vienna International Dance Festival. Together with Terence, they have choreographed Oscar-nominated movies, Broadway Westend Musicals, Disney India’s The Beauty and the Beast, and dozens of globally successful events. Terence’s multiple Guinness World Records, his membership in the UNESCO-International Dance Council, and International awards have made TLPTI a premier institute that fosters creative excellence in the talented, enthusiastic dancers, raising the standards of dance in India and beyond.
Marukh has a diverse set of skills. She is also a multilingual writer, fluent in English, Hindi & French. She has also been a faculty member at St. Xavier's College, Mumbai.
Here Mahrukh talks about:
- (2:23) Mahrukh reminisces how she started dancing.
- (5:14) How Mahrukh turned into a professional dancer program head
- (6:14) Challenges Mahurukh faced in taking up dance as a career
- (8:25) The shifting notion about dance in India
- (9:51) Her advice on how to achieve dreams and overcome challenges
- (14:15) Mahrukh talks about her 21-year long journey with Terence
- (20:20) The positive effects dance could bring even to amateurs
- (25:10) How has lockdown made us realize the importance of dance
- (27:49) Mahrukh talks about the impact dance has on mental health.
- (32:53) She explains how her firm handled the COVID-19 crisis responsibly
- (38:13) Her collaboration with IBM on blending art and technology
- (44:41) The reason behind the name - “The Human Code.”
- (46:33) How and when can people register to be a part of the human code event
Find Mahrukh on:
Register for “The Human Code” at:
Reach us on:
Read Manuj’s story here: https://him.innerget.com
And his entrepreneurial journey here: https://www.InnerGet.com