Bootstrapping Your Dreams Show
#218 The science of making better decisions with Matt Oguz | Manuj Aggarwal | Bootstrapping Your Dreams Show
Do you want to learn to make unbiased decisions based on scientific models? Do you need advice on investments and addressing current market needs while embracing long term trends? Then join us with Matt Oguz, a successful investor, entrepreneur, decision theorist, and writer!
Matt is a successful investor and a founding partner at Venture Science, a San Francisco-based investment firm that pioneers an approach to venture capital based on data research. The core principle of the firm is based on his idea of making decisions based on math and avoiding biases while evaluating investment opportunities.
He is also the Chief Investment Officer at the Iris Family office. He is candidly outspoken about his approach and shares his valuable thoughts as a renowned columnist on TechCrunch.
Matt is a polymath, with multiple skill sets in analytics, behavioural economics, decision sciences, and AI.
Here Matt talks about:
- (1:35) Matt talks about his early journey and challenges faced as an immigrant
- (4:35) What are the factors to be considered before making a decision?
- (12:10) To what extent does historical data help predict the future?
- (14:39) What drove Matt to start Venture Capital?
- (18:43) Most contributing factor for the success of a startup
- (22:06) How does Matt spot big opportunities before they turn into big names?
- (25:58) What does Matt think about investing in technology?
- (28:20) How quantum computing will change the world
- (30:55) Long term effects of the pandemic on the economy
- (35:51) How are business models changing with the pandemic?
- (38:23) How to reach Matt online?
Find Matt on:
Reach us on:
Read Manuj’s story here: https://him.innerget.com
And his entrepreneurial journey here: https://www.InnerGet.com