Bokeh - The Photography Podcast
#525: Workflow for High-Volume Wedding Photographers - Rick Liston
Managing a photography business is an art, but managing a high-volume wedding photography business takes that to a different level. How can one person manage all of the moving parts necessary to keep one moving forward?
In episode 525 of The Bokeh Podcast, Rick Liston shares the processes he has developed for his high-volume wedding photography business that have allowed him to manage 100 weddings per year - and keep his sanity. Listen in to hear the pre-and post-wedding workflow strategies for delegating and streamlining the time-consuming tasks that bog down photographers.
The Bokeh Podcast is brought to you by Photographer’s Edit: Custom Editing for the Professional Photographer and Miilu: The Simplest Way to Create and Manage Timelines and Shot Lists for the Events You’re Photographing. You can also subscribe to the Bokeh podcast on the Apple podcast app, follow on Spotify, add to your playlist on Stitcher, or listen on Overcast.
Brand Position (3:58)
Creating a great customer experience (10:40)
Technique for time management (12:30)
Book Recommendation (19:58)
Description and background of Rick's business model(24:40)
Principles that drive efficient workflows (33:50)
Most important pre-wedding workflow steps (37:35)
1. Share ideas and tips with couples prior to the wedding day
2. Collect vendor data prior to the wedding for post-wedding sharing
3. Gather information about your couples prior to the wedding for points of connection on the day
Post-wedding workflow (43:00)
1. Outsource editing, but share a sample slideshow the day after the wedding
2. Automate the sales process - set up a gift registry!
3. Utilize a Virtual Assistant for tasks such as album design and blog posts
Key steps for communication when outsourcing editing (45:18)