Bits of Gold
The Rollercoaster of Building a Life on Your Terms w/ Ryan Maltbie #127
What You Will Learn:
- The importance of showing your human side in business
- What it's like working in business with family
- The importance of committing to your dreams
- Why taking a pause can help you find your best ideas
- Why change can be freeing
- How to define your success
- Why you must look within to fulfill your own happiness
Bio: Ryan Maltbie is the founder of BBQGrills.com who has a fascinating story. He and his dad built a successful business… but after 10 years grinding in this business, it abruptly closed down. This unexpectedly changed the course of his life.
With 3 young children at the time, he had two choices:
- Take a conventional route
- Or risk it all and take a chance on himself and his new dream.
He chose the latter and has now been building BBQGrills.com. They’ve since served over 5k customers and have hit over $5M in sales.
They continue to grow and be a dominant player in this space.
One of my favorite bits of gold from Ryan is how he redefined his definition of success. How he chose to live life on his terms and rebuild his life exactly how he wanted optimizing time on his terms.