Bits of Gold
BOG #19 RECAP // Bits of Gold w/ Brandon Steiner
In this recap episode, I share the Bits of Gold from Brandon Steiner.
- How to be a winner: In order to win, you only need to win 51% of the time. You can lose 49% of the time and still be a winner. To win, you just need one yes.
- You need to try things: Trying things creates confidence, opportunity, and valuable lessons. With each experience, you will have more data and knowledge to know what you like and don't like, what you are good at and not good at, etc... After every experience, you are more prepared for future opportunity.
- Don't be afraid to do things that are not sexy: Get your hand's dirty! Don't be afraid to do something just because you are scared how it may or may not look on your resume. (In my opinion, you should focus on building your life, not your resume.) Learn how to make a buck. Each experience will lead you some place and in that process, you will learn something new.
- Focus on the most important things: Instead of focusing on the bad customers, focus on the good customers. Focus on your important customers and your best customers. Don't get distracted focusing on the bad. It's so easy to do that. Focus on the good.
- Money Grab: It's okay if you have an opportunity to reach out and grab the money. Sacrificing short term for the long-term gain. However, if the grind becomes a 5, 10, and 25 year grind of non-stop work, re-evaluate what is important to you. You need to focus on long-term balance. But a short term imbalance of 1-2 years is okay.
P.S. Baseball cards are no longer the asset I thought I once had.
Leave a review on Apple podcasts if you enjoy!
BOG # 69 Being "okay" w/ Good Enough
In this solo episode, I discuss how my view and definition on what "greatness" is has evolved.I discuss the importance of striving to be your very best, while being okay with wherever you are currently.
BOG # 68 Manufacturing Your Life w/ Intention
In this solo episode, I discuss the importance of getting super intentional with your life and time and guide you in how to manufacture your dream life.
BOG # 67 Building Bougie Bakes - The Greatest Healthy Dessert Company w/ co-founders Meg & Ryan
In this episode, I sit down with Meg and Ryan Quinn, husband & wife & co-founders of Bougie Bakes. Bougie Bakes are gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free baked cookies, brownies, scones, and more, all sold online and delivered straight to your door.Meg & Ryan have a fascinating story. They both always shared a dream and vision of creating a business. They had the entrepreneurial itch and kept throwing ideas at the wall. While testing and launching several businesses, they kept their day-jobs to pay their bills. They launched several businesses that failed and ultimately led them to move out west and start Bougie Bakes.Today, Bougie Bakes is fast growing and just received funding from Trousdale Ventures, a growth equity firm founded by Phillip Sarofim known for investing inBetter For Youbusinesses. They are building the next great brand in better for you dessert. Perhaps the highlight for me in this episode was their spirit to never stop or give up when they failed in their early businesses. Use the code BITSOFGOLD15 for 15% off your order. https://www.bougiebakes.com/