Bonfire. - The Founders' POV
The Formula for Resetting Yourself in 2023
Season 1, Ep. 4
What if there were no changes in the new year? What if there was no “new year, new me?” What if the mantra was simply “New Year. This is me.” What would that require of you? In this episode, Rachel and Suzanne challenge the myth that we must improve ourselves and set resolutions for the year. Perhaps what we really need to do is the opposite:… radical self-acceptance. This episode contains an epic three-part exercise that will reset your inner barometer and leave you feeling exactly like…you!.. We believe every word of this one. You won’t want to miss it.
3. Well That’s Not Okay21:04As we navigate the final stretch of the 2022 year, Rachel and Suzanne will take your hand and guide you to the finish line. They dispel the ubiquitous self-improvement rhetoric that haunts women this time of year. Rachel and Suzanne remind you to disregard New Years' resolutions and remember you are already where you need to be! In the end, they answer lightning round questions from various younger listeners, and share their hot takes! This episode has everything from the cryptocurrency meltdown to James Charles. You won’t want to miss it.
2. Women are Witches32:40Parvati Shallow is an American television personality and winner of Survivor: Micronesia. She is best known for spearheading the show's first all-female alliance and has since become a serious student of female power. Rachel and Suzanne talk with Parvati and discuss the witching ways female power works in the world. This episode is magic. You won’t want to miss it.
1. TEASER - Did You Actually Just Ghost Me?01:02Episode 1 Teaser, Rachel and Suzanne are back!
1. Did You Actually Just Ghost Me?36:12Have you ever thought about why a “friend” stopped replying? Maybe you never heard back from a prospective employer? In this premier episode, Rachel and Suzanne take on the growing phenomenon of Ghosting. They listen to three callers who’ve been ghosted or have ghosted themselves and break it down in real-time. Rachel and Suzanne will dispel some sticky myths and tell you what to do when this happens.
27. Feeling Ourselves13:39Why is it that when women display their vulnerabilities and downplay their strengths, they are “relatable” and “brave,” but when they proudly embody their power and skills they are alienated? In this little shorty of an episode, Rachel and Suzanne discuss power, self-confidence, and nude photo shoots.
26. Bet On Yourself25:36You don’t always know exactly when the time is right to make a big move - when to leave a job, when to change careers, when to have kids. No one is going to tell you whether or when to make those decisions in your life. But Rachel and Suzanne sure have a lot of experience doing it for themselves, and in this episode they’ll give you a few guidelines to follow to help along the way. Heads up - sometimes betting on yourself means you end up recording an entire podcast with a wet tile saw in the background.
25. Your Inner Hulk (2.0)23:54Five years ago (!!), Rachel and Suzanne did an episode all about their (not so secret) inner selves - the person who comes out during moments of pressure or stress; their inner hulk. Everybody has one - and you likely know exactly who yours is. In this updated version of that episode, they dive back in to help you understand what to actually do when your hulk comes out.
24. If You Want To Speak Out, Speak Out30:07If you’re leading a team or running a company, how and when to communicate on issues can be the most crucial and difficult decision you make. Whether you’re taking a stand on a cultural issue, or delivering a piece of difficult news, it can sometimes feel like entering a minefield. But don’t worry, Rachel and Suzanne have set off plenty of mines before and they’ve got strategy for days.