Big Fat Negative: TTC, fertility, infertility and IVF
Knackered Knackers on male factor infertility and using a sperm donor
Season 6, Ep. 3
What is wrong with Emma's mic today? We don't know, but we're sorry. Normal service will resume next week.
We're joined by Shaun Greenaway, aka Knackered Knackers, who talks about what it's like to find out you have azoospermia and how he came to the decision to use a sperm donor.
Meanwhile, Professor Tim explains why you can't breastfeed and go through IVF treatment at the same time.
4. Gabby Special: Episode 4 - Test time26:13*** TRIGGER WARNING: THIS EPISODE INCLUDES DISCUSSION ABOUT A PREGNANCY TEST RESULT AFTER AN IVF ROUND. PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN IF THIS ISN'T THE RIGHT TIME FOR YOU ***It's the end of the TWW, which means... pregnancy test time. But it isn't straightforward for Gabby. The girls discuss the result of the (eventual) test, how it feels when she already has one child and what it means for her future.Swears throughout.
3. Gabby Special: Episode 3 - Elbow deep in the TWW27:33It's just after transfer day and Gabby, stuck in the two-week wait (TWW) isn't doing well. The girls discuss symptom spotting, when to test and how to get through the TWW without losing your mind.Swears throughout.
2. Gabby Special: Episode 222:01Hi! Are you a new listener? We suggest you go back and start from the beginning, so you get to know us properly.BFN is back for a special mini-series, as we follow Gabby on her second jourrrrney! In the second episode she prepares for her transfer, enjoys a moment of notoriety and worries about her scan - for an uncharacteristically gross reason.Enjoying the series? Please rate and review it - it helps others to find the podcast.Swears, as always, throughout.
1. Gabby Special: Episode 123:03Hi! Are you a new listener? We suggest you go back and start from the beginning, so you get to know us properly.BFN is back for a special mini-series, as we follow Gabby on her second jourrrrney! In this episode we're talking about her decision to go again, the process so far and why she's worried about her timing.Enjoying the series? Please rate and review it - it helps others to find the podcast.Swears, as always, throughout.
9. Izzy Judd59:44It's the last episode of the series, so we've got a special guest for you: Izzy Judd, one of the first celebrities to speak out about her infertility. We talk about what it was like to go through IVF in the public eye, and how she discovered what had stopped her periods. Meanwhile, Prof Tim is talking about endometriosis - can it prevent implantation?Swears - including one big one - throughout.
8. Leftover embryos: The options01:03:51'Embabies', 'frosties' - we give our embryos many names, but there may come a time when we reach the end of the TTC road and have blastocysts left over. Today we speak to fellow fertility podcaster Natalie Silverman about how she came to the decision to say goodbye to hers, while embryologist Millie Kanani explains how the process works.Meanwhile, Prof T addresses bleeding during the TWW - is it always a bad sign? If you want to skip Emma's bit, stop listening after Prof T - around 53 minutes.Swears throughout.
7. The world's first fertility officer01:01:22This week we're joined by Natalie Sutherland, the world's first fertility officer, and Somaya Ouazzani. With a shared background in corporate law, the two have started In/Fertility in the City, a space to share stories about going through fertility struggles while working in high-powered roles. Meanwhile, Professor Tim addresses Covid and its effect on embryo quality. If you don't want to hear Emma's part of the podcast, switch off after Professor Tim - at about 47:30.Swears throughout.
6. Erin Holland01:06:50TRIGGER WARNING: CONTAINS THE RESULT OF A PREGNANCY TEST. PLEASE TURN OFF AFTER 44:19 IF YOU CAN'T LISTEN - and please look after your heart first. Model, presenter, singer and generally impressive woman Erin Holland joins us to talk about her slightly unusual fertility journeeey, and the circumstances in which she finds herself having to hoard embryos. Meanwhile, Emma announces the results of her TWW, and Professor Tim explains what can be done if your body doesn't respond to stims. Swears throughout.
5. The Worst Girl Gang Ever01:16:34The people we're talking to today need no introduction: The Worst Girl Gang ever is one of the UK's biggest podcasts on pregnancy loss and miscarriage - so big they've just published their first book. We speak to Bex and Laura about losing their babies, the 'uglies', and why they started their gang.Meanwhile, Professor Tim explains whether you can ever have too much progesterone.Swears throughout.