Big Fat Negative: TTC, fertility, infertility and IVF
Interior Design Masters' Amy Davies on multiple miscarriage
Amy Davies moved thousands of viewers to tears (and dozens of you to message us) when she shared her experiences of infertility on the show Interior Design Masters. Today she joins us to talk about the multiple miscarriages she has suffered, and how she used her time on the show to pull herself out of the IVF trench.
Elsewhere, we are speaking to Wegan about their triumph after the Women's Health Strategy, announced last week, included free IUIs for same-sex couples, and Professor Tim addresses hair dye during IVF.
View all episodes
2. Gabby's last go: The conclusion22:27It's Gabby's last spin of the wheel, as she uses her final embryo. How did it go? Find out here.TRIGGER WARNING: This episode reveals the result of a round of IVF. If you are not ready to hear that, please look after your heart and listen some other time.Contains swears.
1. Gabby's last go21:03A bonus episode: Gabby prepares for the transfer of her final embryo.Swears throughout.
4. Gabby Special: Episode 4 - Test time26:13*** TRIGGER WARNING: THIS EPISODE INCLUDES DISCUSSION ABOUT A PREGNANCY TEST RESULT AFTER AN IVF ROUND. PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN IF THIS ISN'T THE RIGHT TIME FOR YOU ***It's the end of the TWW, which means... pregnancy test time. But it isn't straightforward for Gabby. The girls discuss the result of the (eventual) test, how it feels when she already has one child and what it means for her future.Swears throughout.
3. Gabby Special: Episode 3 - Elbow deep in the TWW27:33It's just after transfer day and Gabby, stuck in the two-week wait (TWW) isn't doing well. The girls discuss symptom spotting, when to test and how to get through the TWW without losing your mind.Swears throughout.
2. Gabby Special: Episode 222:01Hi! Are you a new listener? We suggest you go back and start from the beginning, so you get to know us properly.BFN is back for a special mini-series, as we follow Gabby on her second jourrrrney! In the second episode she prepares for her transfer, enjoys a moment of notoriety and worries about her scan - for an uncharacteristically gross reason.Enjoying the series? Please rate and review it - it helps others to find the podcast.Swears, as always, throughout.
1. Gabby Special: Episode 123:03Hi! Are you a new listener? We suggest you go back and start from the beginning, so you get to know us properly.BFN is back for a special mini-series, as we follow Gabby on her second jourrrrney! In this episode we're talking about her decision to go again, the process so far and why she's worried about her timing.Enjoying the series? Please rate and review it - it helps others to find the podcast.Swears, as always, throughout.
9. Izzy Judd59:44It's the last episode of the series, so we've got a special guest for you: Izzy Judd, one of the first celebrities to speak out about her infertility. We talk about what it was like to go through IVF in the public eye, and how she discovered what had stopped her periods. Meanwhile, Prof Tim is talking about endometriosis - can it prevent implantation?Swears - including one big one - throughout.
8. Leftover embryos: The options01:03:51'Embabies', 'frosties' - we give our embryos many names, but there may come a time when we reach the end of the TTC road and have blastocysts left over. Today we speak to fellow fertility podcaster Natalie Silverman about how she came to the decision to say goodbye to hers, while embryologist Millie Kanani explains how the process works.Meanwhile, Prof T addresses bleeding during the TWW - is it always a bad sign? If you want to skip Emma's bit, stop listening after Prof T - around 53 minutes.Swears throughout.
7. The world's first fertility officer01:01:22This week we're joined by Natalie Sutherland, the world's first fertility officer, and Somaya Ouazzani. With a shared background in corporate law, the two have started In/Fertility in the City, a space to share stories about going through fertility struggles while working in high-powered roles. Meanwhile, Professor Tim addresses Covid and its effect on embryo quality. If you don't want to hear Emma's part of the podcast, switch off after Professor Tim - at about 47:30.Swears throughout.