Big News Coming Soon Podcast
Alan Clarke & David Cuddy explore Belmullet in North Mayo
Season 2, Ep. 6
I invited David Cuddy to North Mayo to take part in a day of water activities with Wave Sweeper Adventures and The Western Strand Hotel, Belmullet. David is a 42 year, land locked man who has NEVER taken part in surfing, kayaking or SUP.
View all episodes
5. Peter Townsend "What people think of me is none of my business"01:44:31Peter Townsend came from a successful, loving family on the west coast of Ireland but from a very young age he got caught up in a life of crime and substance addiction, and has spent time in 9 different prisons in Ireland and the UK. After hitting rock bottom on the streets of London, Peter decided to move home and turn his life around. This podcast is a very honest account from someone living a life of substance abuse and some people may find it distressing. If you or anyone you know have been effected by any of the issues in this podcast please log on to Peter's website for a full list of helpful links: https://urpacerecovery.com/helpful-links
4. David Cawley "Will ya turn that down"01:35:26David Cawley has been at the helm of The Midwest Radio breakfast show for an incredible 25 years. In this episode we talk about all the changes in the nightclub scene over the last 25 years, things you don't see behind the microphone and dealing with anxiety at a young age during a time when we didn't know what anxiety was.
Live from the Big Wheel in Galway - Christmas Special01:42:05This episode is live from The Big Wheel at the Galway Christmas markets with special guests Lewis Willmott, Tony Cunningham, Mayor Eddie Hoare, Aidan Tierney/Tierney Talks, Santa Claus (ELFTOWN)Sponsored by ELF TOWN located at the Galway Racecourse: Elf Town is set over 4 buildings and 4 floors - They create an experience everyone will love. Book here: www.elftown.ie
Mandy Maher "This is never going to work"01:09:28Owner of and agent at Catwalk Model Agency and The Platform By MM, Mandy Maher is an entrepreneur with a wealth of knowledge and experience on the fashion scene. In addition to her work within the realms of social media influencers, content creation, and the modelling industry, Mandy is also a fashion stylist on Virgin Media’s Ireland AM.
1. Faraway Martin “Comparison is the thief of joy" - Martin Faragher01:38:01Martin Faragher (Faraway Martin) a Mayo singer-songwriter, hotly tipped as an act to watch has made waves in 2023 across festival stages. Working for many years as a teacher in Qatar, he recently packed in the day job to pursue his dream of becoming a household name back home in Ireland. Martin joined Alan for a chat on the podcast just before his performance at Qatar’s Formula 1 Grand Prix.
9. Catach Up With Donal Byrne "Big News For BRB Homes"01:19:23I catch up with Donal Byrne, MD of BRB Homes. Sitting in Eileen's Bar of Aghamore, Donal talks about all the positive things that have happened since teaming up with The Big News Coming Soon Podcast, big plans for his company and some of the most commonly asked questions at the end of the podcast. *BRB Homes are the current sponsor of The Big News Coming Soon Podcast.
8. Mark Duffy "People Power.....Let us make the decisions locally"01:07:12Mark Duffy is a young Independent Councillor based in Ballina Co.Mayo. I first met Mark as an ambitious Student Union President who wanted to change the nightlife of a dying town for the students of Castlebar. At that time Mark's ambition fell on my deaf ears but he had much bigger plans than just a few Student nights out. Many years later he went on to become the cathaoirleach (The Mayor) of the Ballina Municipal District and he was asked to introduce President Joe Biden to the world during his visit to Ballina in 2023. Mark spoke about his unconventional election campaign in 2019, life as a full time elected representative and the struggles dealing with the public online and in person. Personally, I thought it was refreshing to hear from a young, ambitious, Independent Councillor and I think you'll agree that we need to find a few more like him if we want to get out of the mess we find ourselves in of late.
7. Fiona Morgan Coleman "The Little Things"01:47:16Fiona Morgan Coleman comes from a big family in Tipperary and she is a mother of two boys, a loving wife, a content creator AND a member of An Garda Síochána. In 2019 Fiona was diagnosed with Stage 3 aggressive breast cancer. In this podcast Fiona talks about growing up having to share a room with three girls, finding comfort on social media during the lowest time of her life and her plans for the future. She also talks about her time working in the guards and how a couple of set backs with her health and her business have made her a much stronger, more resilient person.
6. BONUS EPISODE: My Perfect Skin Journey with Alma from Med Aesthetics Galway58:58I called Med Aesthetics Galway and booked an appointment regarding an issue I had around my nose. I had really dry skin and red spots and on certain days my skin would feel quite sore. I already had a good skincare routine and my skin was in good shape thanks to Skin Formulas, but this issue was really bothering me. Since meeting the team and becoming more comfortable with them, I began to tell them about some other complexes I had such as pigmentation around my eyes and fat loss on my face. In this episode we talk about the treatments I've had over the last few months and where I am in my journey. *Disclaimer: This is not an advert. Med Aesthetics did not pay for this podcast. This Podcast was 100% led by me, with my questions and it was me who invited Alma on to discuss my issues. I did receive some treatments for free thanks to Med Aesthetics. Recorded in GK Media Studios Galway.