Between the Lines
The Social Dynamics of Pandemics
The global pandemic Covid-19 is impacting people in many and varied ways. The effects on all our lives are immense and diverse, from rural and urban communities, young and old, from different geographic and economic groups. We are each living with different realities of a global crisis.
IDS' Melissa Leach, Hayley MacGregor,Annie Wilkinson and Ian Scoones discuss how we can learn from past epidemics and outbreaks and the need to understand social dynamics in order to respond to Covid-19.
- Book – ‘Avian Influenza: Science, Policy and Politics’, Ian Scoones
- Book – ‘Epidemics: Science, Governance and Social Justice’, Melissa Leach, Sarah Dry and Hayley MacGregor
- Blog - Covid-19 - a social phenomenon requiring diverse expertise
- Blog - Science, uncertainty and the Covid-19 response
- Pandemic Preparedness Programme
Special book April/ discount offer
Discount code IDS50 offering 50% discount on the three titles listed below:
- Avian Influenza | Paperback |
- Epidemics: Science, Governance and Social Justice | Paperback|
- One Health: Science, politics and zoonotic disease in Africa | Paperback|