Behind Her Empire
Step by Step Process to Building Your Confidence with Dr. Rosenberg, Founder of Emotional Mastery
Dr. Joan Rosenberg is an expert psychologist, best-selling author, and founder of Emotional Mastery & Emotional Mastery Training.
After three decades, tens of thousands of hours of clinical practice, and ten years of neuroscience research, Dr. Rosenberg is recognized for her thought leadership and approach that radically changes people’s lives.
In our conversation together, we unpack how our inability to move through and handle unpleasant feelings, such as sadness, shame, helplessness, anger, embarrassment, disappointment, frustration, and vulnerability, is a massive component of what blocks people from success. Once we learn how to deal with our overwhelming or uncomfortable feelings, we begin to build the self-confidence, emotional strength, and resilience we need to lead a highly successful and fulfilling life.
Dr. Rosenberg is a professor of graduate psychology at Pepperdine University and is a two-time TEDx speaker with her videos garnering over millions of views. She’s also been seen on CNN’s American Morning, the OWN network, and PBS, as well as appearances and radio interviews in all of the major metropolitan markets. Her latest book, 90 Seconds to a Life You Love: How to Master Your Difficult Feelings to Cultivate Lasting Confidence, Resilience and Authenticity, was released last year.
In this episode, we’ll talk to Dr. Rosenberg about:
* After 30 years of experience, Dr. Rosenberg talks about how to work through your unpleasant feelings and why it’s critical to live the life of your dreams [2:43]
* How we should identify our emotions and never associate a “bad” or “negative” feeling around them [4:28]
* Why it’s so important to feel and experience our emotions [6:50]
* Dr. Rosenberg walks through her 90-second formula anyone can use to honor and move through their unpleasant feelings [9:46]
* Dr. Rosenberg explains why she thinks we don’t have “anxiety” or “fear” and how we can better manage those feelings when they arise [19:14]
* The importance of labeling your feelings [22:46]
* Why speaking up is one of the most important things you can do to cultivate confidence, authenticity, and resilience. [26:01]
* How Dr. Rosenberg defines confidence and how to develop it. [28:44]
* Dr. Rosenberg discusses why accepting compliments is crucial to our self-confidence and why self-criticism is one of the most destructive things we can do to ourselves. [33:10]
* Dr. Rosenberg shares her perspective on how women speak in relation to men and why we need to make more statements on what we truly want & feel. [41:10]
* Understanding the root cause of perfectionism and how we need to overcome our idealistic views. [47:04]
Follow Dr. Rosenberg:
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drjoanrosenberg/
* Website: https://drjoanrosenberg.com/
* TED Talk: Grief: A Pathway to Forgiveness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UacbvBcbP34
* TED Talk: Emotional Mastery: The Gifted Wisdom of Unpleasant Feelings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKy19WzkPxE
* Dr. Rosenberg’s book: https://www.amazon.com/Seconds-Life-You-Love-Authenticity/dp/031641431X
This episode is brought to you by beeya:
* Learn more about beeya's seed cycling bundle at https://beeyawellness.com/free to find out how to tackle hormonal imbalances.
* Get $10 off your order by using promo code BEHINDHEREMPIRE
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yasminknouri/
* Stay updated & subscribe to our newsletter: https://www.behindherempire.com/