Behind Her Empire
Turning Your Side Hustle & Passion into a Thriving Business with Camille Styles, Founder of Camille Styles
Our guest today didn’t intend for her blog to blow up into a successful business that would still be thriving 12 years down the line, but through consistency and authenticity, Camille Styles has solidified her empire.
Camille is the founder of Camille Styles, the leading digital lifestyle publication that garners over 50 million impressions a month. This OG lifestyle blog was born of Camille’s simple desire for a new creative outlet, long before blogs were even a thing, and has since become her full-time focus.
Camille joins us today to share her inspiring story and demonstrate that pursuing the things that light you up truly does pay off in the long run. In this episode, we talk about the viability of turning side hobbies and hustles into real businesses, and how to combat the fear of dreaming too big. We talk about the danger of confusing vanity metrics with real measures of success, and how to approach social media with authenticity.
Tune in to hear Camille’s journey of leaving her career and going all-in with the Camille Styles lifestyle blog, and hear her tips on easing overwhelm and managing burnout, as well as being intentional with your time. Camille’s story is proof that you, too, can keep your fire alight and live a purposeful life both in family and in business.
In this episode, we'll talk to Camille about:
* The limiting beliefs that prevent people from stepping into the growth mindset. [2:39]
* How Camille’s upbringing shaped her. [4:24]
* Her post-college life and aspirations, and her journey to starting her own business. [6:59]
* How a casual blog became Camille’s full-time focus. [10:11]
* How to foster the courage to make the leap to follow your dreams. [10:59]
* A brief aside: How the Beeya seed cycling bundle supports hormonal imbalances! [12:42]
* Vanity metrics versus real measures of success in the age of social media. [16:40]
* How Camille recognized the potential to monetize her blog. [17:03]
* Camille’s mindset while growing her blog before it was a widely understood format. [18:44]
* How to avoid burnout while consistently creating content. [20:43]
* The necessity of dedicating seasons to ‘the grind’ and knowing when to slow down. [24:52]
* Camille’s self-care and goal-setting tips and rituals. [26:42]
* The benefits of being intentional with your time. [34:59]
* The importance of owning your own opinions and sticking to your guns! [38:17]
* How to combat the fear of showing up online. [42:16]
* How to approach social media and ease the overwhelm of the myriad of social media platforms. [44:24]
* Camille’s inspiring pivot to launch a new business in a completely different industry. [50:18]
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/camillestyles/
* Website: https://camillestyles.com/
* Vision Workbook: https://mailchi.mp/camillestyles/vision-workbook
This episode is brought to you by beeya:
* Learn more about beeya's seed cycling bundle at https://beeyawellness.com/free to find out how to tackle hormonal imbalances.
* Get $10 off your order by using promo code BEHINDHEREMPIRE10
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yasminknouri/
* Stay updated & subscribe to our newsletter: https://www.behindherempire.com/