Art Heals All Wounds
Art Heals All Wounds: Ernesto Diaz-Infante, Avant-Garde Composer and Guitarist
Today, I’m joined by avant garde and experimental composer and guitarist Ernesto Diaz-Infante. You might remember my conversation with his wife, filmmaker Marjorie Sturm, back in season 1 where we touched on how they are creating a home for their children to also explore the arts. Ernesto and I expand on that a little further and discuss how his childhood shaped how he and Marjorie are raising their family. We also get into how his music has evolved since his days in the Mexican rock band, Cielo Azul. Transcription
● What avant-garde music means to Ernesto
● The role that music played in his family growing up
● The story behind how he joined a rock band at the age of thirteen
● What inspired him to take a different path from mainstream music
● His approach to parenthood
● Check out https://newsly.me and use the promo code ARTHEALS for a free one-month premium subscription.
● Sign up for the next Shelter in Pace weekender audio storytelling class labs at shelterinplacepodcast.org/labs.