1. Pride 202344:36🌈 Celebrating Pride: Unveiling the Rainbow's Journey with Arden University Podcast! 🎙️Join hosts Alicia and Jacob as they dive into the vibrant world of Pride Month alongside insightful guests Rob Barnsley and Fernando Rosell-Aguilar. From unravelling the significance of Pride month to exploring the impact of Section 28, this episode is a captivating exploration of LGBTQ+ history and progress.📚 Discover the past: Section 28 and its lasting effects🎨 Unravelling the flag: What the rainbow represents💼 Corporate support: Blessing or disguise for the LGBTQ+ community?With engaging discussions and personal anecdotes, our guests shed light on the significance of embracing diversity, dismantling discrimination, and the ongoing battle for equality. Tune in to gain a deeper understanding of Pride and its multifaceted journey!Let's celebrate inclusivity and spark meaningful conversations together! Don't miss this empowering episode of the Arden University Podcast! 🎧
View all episodes
14. Kicking Out Racism39:12This month is our Black History Month special, in which we are joined by former professional footballer and Arden honorary graduate, Brendon Batson of West Bromwich Albion fame. After hanging up his boots, Brendon enjoyed a successful career in football administration and played a significant role in the launch of Kick it Out, a campaign tackling racism and discrimination in football.
13. Living Neurodiverse43:46Join us as we talk to Emma Owen, a lecturer at Arden who had a late diagnosis for autism, as she tells us about her experiences growing up, and how she flipped it on it's head.
12. Arden's biggest Graduation24:36In this episode, BA Healthcare Management student, Cemene Fraser shares her story of her journey to graduating with us. We hear about her challenges studying with dyslexia, how Arden's support helped her through, and what an Arden Graduation is really like 🎓
11. Talking about PRIDE39:24Pride is an amazing time to celebrate who you are, as well as to embrace who the person next to you is! And who better to discuss all things Pride with than our own Senior Lecturer Phil Harper... AKA Philli Mi Up! 🏳️🌈To register your interest for "Born to be me: LGBTQIA+ Conference" at Arden University, click the attached link in these episode notes.
10. It's okay to talk28:16Mental Health - We all know these two words well now, but what can you do to help yours?Join us this episode as we are joined by Arden's own Mental Health Advisor, Hannah Martin, to talk about personal experiences at university, what support is out there (to both students and staff), and how to get through loneliness.To contact The Inclusions Team for support, email email@example.comIf you'd like to share your story and experience with Arden University, feel free to get in touch with us on our social media channels. While you’re here, why not follow us on socials? Search for Arden University and hit that follow button!
9. Studying to become a leader21:06Join us as we talk to Arden University student Garrick Hunkins! For this episode we hear all about how Garrick finds inspiration from his drive to become the leader of his country and how he juggles his studies with being a father. We also welcome Kate, Arden’s new Co-Host! Find out her biggest fears and cool spy name in this episode.If you'd like to share your story and experience with Arden University, feel free to get in touch with us on our social media channels. While you’re here, why not follow us on socials? Search for Arden University and hit that follow button!