Another Way to Play
Why Companies Exist with Ryan Coon
Today I had the pleasure of speaking with the Co-Founder and CEO of Avail, Ryan Coon. Avail is an online platform that provides unlimited use of listings syndication, tenant applications, lease agreements, and collecting rent. Before building his own company, Ryan worked as an investment banker at BMO Capital Markets for 3 and a half years.
Let’s dive into Ryan’s story of how pursuing your passion and happiness will lead you to success.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 – 05:45] Opening Segment
- I talked briefly about the valuable information that you can take advantage of in this episode
- I introduce guest Ryan Coon into the show
- Ryan talks about his background
- Grew up in a family that had small businesses
- Took up accounting and finance in college
[05:56 – 11:25] Starting Your Journey In Real Estate Investing
- Ryan talks about seeing investing in passive income-producing properties as an opportunity (building-up wealth)
- Ryan’s interest in technology and how it helped him manage his side business while working a corporate job
- The great recession and how Ryan was able to take advantage of it
- Making his first real estate deal
[11:26 – 23:26] The Story behind Avail
- Reflecting on my passion and what I want to do in the future
- Aha moment: Apps for landlords to handle their business easier
- Learned how to write codes for 2 to 3 years to launch a technology company
- Finding a different way of being happy
- Ryan talks about how he wants to help their people in Avail grow, but also help them when the time comes for them to move on
[23:27 – 31:13] Why Companies Exist
- Ryan talks about the main purpose of creating Avail
- How it works
- Helping DIY landlords
- How do you stay true to your purpose as opposed to just making money?
- Making the renter and landlord the center of what we do
- Constantly thinking on a deeper level why your company exists
[31:14 – 37:16] Facing the COVID-19 Era
- Ryan talks about their strategies in handling their business during this crisis
- Taking care of the team
- How could we help the customers?
- Gathering and providing information
- Finding a solution
[37:17 – 43:51] The FOCUS FIVE Segment
- What book have you gifted most often?
- Delivering Happiness by Tony Hsieh
- If you can get an hour of somebody’s time and ask questions, who would that be and why?
- Al Michaels because I think he’d be a fascinating person to talk with
- What is one thing that you believe that most people would disagree with you on?
- I believe that homeownership is not the perfect answer for everyone
- Morning routine, How do you start your day?
- Amidst the COVID-19 crisis, it is more important to maintain a healthy routine
- What is the best place we can connect with you online?
- See below for links
- Finals words from me
“Uncertainty breeds fear, anything that we could do to help remove that uncertainty to make people a little more calm is gonna be one of the major ways to help us get through this.” – Ryan Coon
- Avail Website
- BMO Capital Markets
- Rich Dad Poor Dad
- Delivering Happiness (Audiobook)
- Delivering Happiness
- Al Michaels
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
Are you working HARD but not really moving the needle on anything? You should check out my POWER LIST and find out how you can get more done to move your business, project, or relationship closer to where you want it to be. Let’s go!
To know more about Hans Struzyna and all the real estate opportunities you can find, check out his website at Hansstruzyna.com. Get the chance to talk with Hans for FREE. Set up a call with him using this link https://calendly.com/h-struzyna/15min