Another Way to Play
Using Powers Well with Andy Wallace
Today I had the pleasure of speaking with the professional speaker and coach, founder of Andywallaceconsulting.com, Andy Wallace. Andy believes that there is a dark side of power that most people don’t know about. He has interviewed over 250 perpetrators of power-based crimes, and help their victims put their lives together. He now teaches what power is and how it can bring growth, productivity, and health, if you know how to use it properly.. Andy teaches leaders to use power well to inspire and influence people like you.
Let’s dive into Andy’s story to have a deeper understanding of what power is and how to use it well to benefit as a leader both in your work or in your family life
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 - 07:52] Opening Segment
- I talked briefly about valuable information that you can take advantage of in this episode
- I introduce guest Andy Wallace into the show
- Andy talks about where his journey began
[07:53 - 14:01] What Power Is
- Andy talks about the different types and forms of Power:
- Physical Power: domestic violence
- Education, knowledge, cultural power
- The weakest form: Positional power
- Andy shares a serious topic about how he recognizes people’s way of applying power improperly:
- they use the same mindset
- The same ideas about what power is
- How it should be used to
- Andy talks about the proper and improper way of using power
[14:02 - 27:55] Using Powers Well
- Five areas that represent: Mission, Purpose, Identity: You don’t want to miss this!
- Physical and psychological safety
- Mutual accountability
- Agency: Autonomy
- Positive Incentive
[27:56 - 33:17] Power And Leadership
- Andy gives inspirational advice that applies not only to leaders but to everyone to have a better understanding of power and use the benefit to inspire others.
[33:18 - 38:16] The FOCUS FIVE Segment
- What book have you gifted most often?
- Brene Brown Books
- If you can get an hour of somebody's time and ask questions, who would that be and why?
- My granddad my dad, dad, I want to interview somebody from my family history
- Morning routine, How do you start your day?
- It's the basic stuff that most people do
- What is the best place we can connect with you online?
- See below for social links
- Final words from me
"The job of leadership is to inspire collaboration to increase your influence with people" - Andy Wallace
Power is the ability to create something possibility” - Andy Wallace
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Bombshell film
- Nick Saban
- Brene Brown books (Amazon)
- John Maxwell
- Zig Ziglar
- Simon Sinek
- Schedule a call with Hans
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
Are you working HARD but not really moving the needle on anything? You should check out my POWER LIST and find out how you can get more done to move your business, project, or relationship closer to where you want it to be. Let’s go!
To know more about me and all the real estate opportunities you can find, check out my website at Hansstruzyna.com. Get the chance to talk with me for FREE. Set up a call using this link https://calendly.com/h-struzyna/15min