Another Way to Play
The Power Of Perspective with Alex Keats
Today I had the pleasure of speaking with the general manager of DaBella, Alex Keats. Alex has been with DaBella since 2016 and in the home improvement industry for over 3 years. Some things that you may not know about Alex is that his career started in sports. He rowed for 4 years at the University of Washington. He wants to share some of the philosophies he learned from his athletic career that he applies up to this day to become a better salesperson.
Let’s jump into Alex’s story on why gaining a better perspective is the key to success
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 - 08:30] Opening Segment
- I talked briefly about valuable information that you can take advantage of in this episode
- I introduce the guest Alex Keats into the show
- Alex talks about his background and where his journey in sports began
[08:31 - 12:38] Applying the Right Mentality and Attitude as a Salesperson
- Alex talks about the philosophy that our coach instilled in him and he applies it to his sales career and to every opportunity that comes his way.
- Alex talks about how he builds his career to become a better salesperson
[12:39 - 20:14] The Power of Perspective In Your Career Success
- The metaphor about “Life is all about peaks and valleys”. You will love this!
- Alex shares a meaningful insight about gaining perspective can lead you to a successful sales career
- How to develop your perspective
[20:15 - 33:33] Assess and Diagnose your Feeling before Making A Decision
- Alex gives good practical advice about considering making a shift in a sales-type organization.
- Alex shares an interesting story of how he proves to be the best fit in becoming a general manager.
- Alex shares a great piece of advice about focusing on what you can control and let go of what you cant.
- Alex talks about the company’s operation in this COVID-19 pandemic
- Principles to follow in overcoming the crisis we are facing today. You don’t wanna miss this!
[33:33 - 39:41] The FOCUS FIVE Segment
- What book have you gifted most often?
- Take The Stairs by Rory Vaden
- If you can get an hour of somebody's time and ask questions, who would that be and why?
- Martin Luther King. I’m a big fan of him
- What is one thing that you believe that most people would disagree with you on?
- “Success is a choice”
- Morning routine, How do you start your day?
- I make my bed every morning
- What is the best place we can connect with you online?
- See below for social links
- Final words from me
"Apply those skills and knowledge and experience somewhere new" - Alex Keats
“Success is a choice” - Alex Keats
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Michael Callahan
- Peace Corps
- Take The Stairs by Rory Vaden (Amazon)
- Dean Graziosi
- Tony Robbins
- Admiral McRaven on UT Texas at Austin 2014 Commencement Speech
- Schedule a call with Hans
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
Are you working HARD but not really moving the needle on anything? You should check out my POWER LIST and find out how you can get more done to move your business, project, or relationship closer to where you want it to be. Let’s go!
To know more about me and all the real estate opportunities you can find, check out my website at Hansstruzyna.com. Get the chance to talk with me for FREE. Set up a call using this link https://calendly.com/h-struzyna/15min