Another Way to Play
Overcoming Burnout with Dr Erin Baker
Today I had the pleasure of speaking with a founder of Erinmbaker.com, Dr. Erin Baker. Dr. Erin is a phenomenal coach that believes some of the most successful people in the world are bored or burned out with the impact they are having on the world. She helps leaders & entrepreneurs launch their next act & make an exponential impact.
Let’s dive into Erin’s story of having everything that most of you dream of titles, money, possessions, but the truth is...You’re bored or burned out. Time to overcome it!
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 - 10:52] Opening Segment
- I talked briefly about valuable information that you can take advantage of in this episode
- I introduce the guest, Dr. Erin Baker to the show
- Dr. Erin talks about how her journey began
- Transition journey as a Ph.D. in social psychology into working on Facebook.
- Her realization about what she wants her life to be like
[10:53 - 18:59] The Feeling of Burnout
- Dr. Erin talks about the moments of her self- realization that she’s actually burnout with her work.
- Phases of self-realization
- Dr. Erin shares the moment she needed to make a change and hired a coach
[19:00 - 24:39] Overcoming Burnout Using a Positive Reframing
- Dr. Erin gives valuable information in using a positive reframing, a powerful way to transform your thinking a view a situation from another perspective
- figure out a creative life versus a recorded life
- Ask yourself: What are the alternatives
- Dr. Erin sight examples of how she uses reframing method to her clients
- alternatives that can shift for the greater good
[24:40 - 32:13] Building a Strong Foundation For Yourself
- Dr. Erin talks about the biggest success myths that her clients face
- You don’t always have to hustle
- Dr. Erin gives valuable advice about the importance of setting a foundation for yourself first before you start a business
- Be clear on what your business is here to do and who you serve.
- the concept of you need to slow down in order to speed up
[32:14 - ] The FOCUS FIVE Segment
- What book have you gifted most often?
- The Power of Moments by Chip and Dan Heath
- If you can get an hour of somebody's time and ask questions, who would that be and why?
- Vienna Teng, It's my favorite musician.
- What is one thing that you believe that most people would disagree with you on?
- The impostor syndrome is a good thing.
- Morning routine, How do you start your day?
- spend some time with my wife and then take my dog on a walk
- What is the best place we can connect with you online?
- See below for social links
- Final words from me
"The truth is, we have a choice. We don't realize we have a choice all the time" - Dr. Erin Baker
“So many people believe that they just have to go through life by default” -Dr. Erin Baker
“People who are really good about setting their boundaries and giving themselves space are the ones that are the most successful” -Dr. Erin Baker
“Business takes time, there's a lot of seeds that need to be planted that don't have an immediate return” -Dr. Erin Baker
“You need to slow down in order to speed up” -Dr. Erin Baker
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- The Power of Moments by Chip and Dan Heath (Amazon)
- Vienna Teng
- Schedule a call with Hans
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
Are you working HARD but not really moving the needle on anything? You should check out my POWER LIST and find out how you can get more done to move your business, project, or relationship closer to where you want it to be. Let’s go!
To know more about me and all the real estate opportunities you can find, check out my website at Hansstruzyna.com. Get the chance to talk with me for FREE. Set up a call using this link https://calendly.com/h-struzyna/15min