Another Way to Play
Make The Next Chapter of Your Life Better with Rachel Boardman
Today I had the pleasure of speaking with former swimming athlete, coach, entrepreneur and Phd, Rachel Boardman. She started her own podcast ‘Beyond the Finish line’ after she had to leave her athletic career and struggled to find a new path for her life. Now she helps current and former athletes build their own gold-medal winning business.
Let’s jump into Rachel’s story of conquering the challenges of her life and how to make the next chapter of your life better.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 - 10:46] Opening Segment
- I introduce guest, Rachel Boardman, to the show
- Rachel talks about her background and how her journey began
- How she started to grow interested in swimming when she was just a kid
- Her academic life
- She shares about the rise and fall of her athletic journey
- She got diagnosed with pneumonia
- Struggled to stay in the team
[10:47 - 16:59 ] The break up and transition point of her life
- Rachel shares about her ‘Break up’ point with swimming and her transition to coaching
- Great academic journey and achieving her Phd degree
- Facing mental health issues
[17:00- 23:29] Resetting her life to be better
- Rachel shares her struggle in expressing her feelings to others
- Facing the expectations and judgement of people
- Finding her way back to exercise and fitness
- Being comfortable to address her struggles
- Facing rejection from a job interview
- She decided to start travelling and took the risk to enter her uncomfort-zone
- Meeting loads of new people
- Entering a reflective period of her life
- Realizing that she has been hiding a huge part of herself
[23:30- 31:23 ] Finding her new path in entrepreneurship
- Rachel talks about finding inspiration and the concept to build ‘beyond the finish line’
- Rachel talks about her podcast channel
- Sharing tips on starting a business and transitioning
- Keeping it real; she talks about challenges and the stuff people don't usually talk about
- helping people conquer their struggle and be better by sharing her personal story
- The podcast also helps her to understand herself better
[31:24 - 36:28] The FOCUS FIVE Segment
- What book have you gifted most often?
- Harry Potter
- If you can get an hour of somebody's time and ask questions, who would that be and why?
- Her Grandma
- What is one thing you believe that most people would disagree with you:
- Have chocolate everyday or as often as possible
- Morning routine; How do you start your day?
- Have breakfast
- Take time to do a little bit of visualization of your perfect day
- Listen to a podcast
What is the best place we can connect with you online?
- See below for social links.
- Final words from me
"Life is not all rainbows and lollipops." - Rachel Boardman
“I dont think it’s going to get any easier, when people see the win and always expect it from you. I think a lot of it has to do with your perception of what you think people think of you.” - Rachel Boardman
“When you do get real, open and completely honest about yourself? That’s when people will give you support and be really grateful for sharing them.” - Rachel Boardman
Resources mentioned in the episode:
You can connect with Rachel personally on LinkedIn ,Facebook and Instagram. You can visit her podcast Beyond the Finish line to know more about how you can make the next chapter of your life better than the last.
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
Are you working HARD but not really moving the needle on anything? You should check out my POWER LIST and find out how you can get more done to move your business, project, or relationship closer to where you want it to be. Let’s go!
To know more about me and all the real estate opportunities you can find, check out my website at Hansstruzyna.com. Get the chance to talk with me for FREE. Set up a call using this link https://calendly.com/h-struzyna/15min