Another Way to Play
Keep on Pushing and Overcome the Impossible with Devon Harris
Today I spoke with Devon Harris, a Military Officer turned 3-time Olympian and an original member of the 1988 Jamaican bobsled team. Devon is an International Motivational Keynote speaker, and is the Founder of the Keep On Pushing Foundation which is dedicated to helping underserved youth in Jamaica by giving them food and school supplies to help them be more successful in school.
Let’s dive right in to Devon’s story and learn about his journey
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 – 07:26] Opening Segment
- I Introduce my guest, Devon Harris, to the show
- Devon talks about his background and his neighborhood
- His inspiration to start the Keep on Pushing Foundation and help his community
[07:27 - 22:33] The Journey to be a pro athlete
- Devon shares his humble beginnings
- His inspiration to become a professional athlete
- Devon talks about his time in the Military
- He entered the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst
- Qualifying for the first ever Jamaican Bobsled team
[22:34 - 36:59] The Olympics
- Their first practice in a bobsled track
- Devon talks about their first Olympics
- Devon shares how a bobsled team operates
- His perseverance to become the leader of the team
[37:00 - 43:38] The FOCUS FIVE Segment
- What book have you gifted most often?
- Keep On Pushing by Devon Harris
- If you can get an hour of somebody's time and ask questions, who would that be and why?
- Nelson Mandela
- What is one thing you believe that most people would disagree with you:
- The Definition of Injustice
- Morning routine; How do you start your day?
- Wake up around 6 AM
- Have my cup of tea
- What is the best place we can connect with you online?
- See below for Social links
- Final words from Devon and me
“If you’re hungry, you can’t learn. If you’re not learning, then you can’t get educated and then you’re really behind the 8-ball of life.” - Devon Harris
“Hey, if it’s difficult, go do it. You might fail, but who knows?” - Devon Harris
“Whatever is behind you or in front of you, is totally and completely insignificant to whatever it is that’s inside of you. So I encourage you to keep on pushing.” - Devon Harris
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Yes, I Can!: The Story of the Jamaican Bobsled Team
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Keep On Pushing Foundation
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
Are you working HARD but not really moving the needle on anything? You should check out my POWER LIST and find out how you can get more done to move your business, project, or relationship closer to where you want it to be. Let’s go!
To know more about me and all the real estate opportunities you can find, check out my website at Hansstruzyna.com and follow me on Instagram. Get the chance to talk with me for FREE. Set up a call using this link https://calendly.com/h-struzyna/15min