Another Way to Play
Establishing Work-Life Alignment With Bunny Young
Today I had the pleasure of speaking with a third-generation entrepreneur, international speaker, a retired therapist, and founder of A Better Place Consulting, Bunny Young. A Stuntwoman turned businesswoman, she founded the company "A Better Place Consulting" to empower and educate businesses and organizations about the impact of work-life alignment.
Let’s jump into Bunny’s story of how important it is to maintain a healthy work-life balance for you to become the best version of yourself for you and your team.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 - 09:54] Opening Segment
- I talked briefly about valuable information that you can take advantage of in this episode
- I introduce guest Bunny Young to the show
- Bunny talks about her background and how her journey began
- She got burned out working as a therapist.
- She spent her first year of marriage in China doing stunt work.
- Before her career as a stuntwoman, Bunny had difficulties working with a team.
[09:55 - 15:53] Success Of Working Together
- Bunny shares something interesting about her work as a therapist
- She felt like she was not making enough impact
- She got introduced to animal-assisted learning
- Bunny talks about her retreat activities and building team cohesion
- Working with horses
- Making an impact & Trusting your team
[15:54 - 31:28] Establishing Work-Life Alignment
- Bunny talks about how critical it is to establish a work-life alignment
- Taking care of yourself
- Your relationships with others
- The horse represents your relationship with yourself and your relationship with the company
- Bunny shares advice on how you can become a better leader and a better part of your team
- Actions speak louder than words
- Look right now into what value you have and what you’re passionate about
- Bunny weighs in on being a solopreneur
- You are not alone
- You have a herd
[31:29 - 38:31] The FOCUS FIVE Segment
- What book have you gifted most often?
- The Best Self Journal
- The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff
- Love is Just Damn Good Business by Steve Farber
- If you can get an hour of somebody's time and ask questions, who would that be and why?
- Dr. Seuss
- What is one thing you believe that most people would disagree with you: I taught my daughter the F-word.
- Morning routine; How do you start your day?
- I subscribe to The Miracle Morning Method. I drink a glass of water, meditate, exercise, journal, and read.
- What is the best place we can connect with you online?
- See below for social links.
- Final words from me
"Just remember that your team is watching your actions and actions speak louder than words." - Bunny Young
"As adults, we need to be able to check-in with ourselves. We need to know our strengths, weaknesses, and what we need to in order to function, as well as practice self-care." - Bunny Young
"How many times are you gonna put yourself at risk and allow somebody to push you around and call it love?" - Bunny Young
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Bunny Young Website
- A Better Place Consulting Website
- I Am Not Too Busy Blog by Bunny Young
- Schedule a call with Hans
You can connect with Bunny personally on LinkedIn and Instagram. You can visit her website https://abetterplaceconsulting.com/ to know more about how you can become better for yourself and your team. Follow them on social media Instagram and Facebook or subscribe to their YouTube Channel.
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
Are you working HARD but not really moving the needle on anything? You should check out my POWER LIST and find out how you can get more done to move your business, project, or relationship closer to where you want it to be. Let’s go!
To know more about me and all the real estate opportunities you can find, check out my website at Hansstruzyna.com. Get the chance to talk with me for FREE. Set up a call using this link https://calendly.com/h-struzyna/15min