355. Season 5 Finale30:24With 60 episodes, Season 5 of the Amplify Your Awesome™ Podcast is coming a close. In this solo episode, Yong shares:Why Season 5 is ending nowWhat's on the horizon for Season 6Projects and behind-the-scenes of what's in store for you in Q4 2021.Get Season 6 updates, more behind the scenes, and grab Yong's Content Gold Mining Maps & Audio Series while they're still free at www.yongpratt.com/355 Be sure to come share your biggest takeaways from this episode inside Yong's FB Community, the Arena of Awesome.
View all episodes
354. How to Stop Hustling and boost your Confidence32:320:00 Do you ever feel compelled to rush throughout your day to get more stuff done? What about hustling when you know you don't even need to do that? If you've experienced either of these, you're gonna want to lean in and turn up the volume on today's episode because our guest, Savanna Schiavo is going to help us ditch the hustle and reprogram the rush. 1:09 About Savanna Schiavo2:25 Savanna’s life before becoming a life and confidence coach.5:55 Why hustle and rush often creep into our lives and how conditioning, culture, and our internal desires inform these activities.“Hustle and rush are coming from a place of fear, and a place of lack. It's us acting out of fear of not-enoughness essentially.” - Savanna Schiavo11:06 The correlation between fear of lack and confidence.11:59 “When we're taking actions from the place of hustle and rush, it's blocking our confidence. It's blocking our creativity, our energy, our ability to flow, our ability to relax and tap into our gifts." - Savanna Schiavo 13:18 “To access more confidence in our business, we have to solve for the fear that's been driving our business. We need to look at the fear that is keeping us from feeling competent.” - Savanna Schiavo14:45 How business owners can tap into and reprogram fear so it works for us and it becomes something positive versus staying stuck in that negative emotion.15:32 What do you believe is keeping you going all the time? What are the beliefs that have been driving this behavior for me?16:10 Common beliefs we don’t even notice that we think are true.17:19 Question 2: Is this true?19:30 Question 3: If you didn't believe this, what would be different about you? What you're doing is showing yourself, your subconscious mind, what would be available to you, if you decided to let go of this optional belief, and practice and open up to new beliefs. 22:02 How do we share ourselves, share our messages and attract the right people into our businesses using social media as a tool rather than a place to feel bad about ourselves?23:11 On attracting the right people by being magnetic.26:05 Savana’s favorite way to create content 27:10 “I let myself be the really imperfect human I am so people really get to see me. I think that's what is so powerful.” - Savanna Schiavo29:06 Connect with Savanna30:36 Grab Savanna’s journaling prompts inside the Arena of Awesome Group and share your biggest takeaways. ----------------------------Ready to unearth the GOLD in your content?Grab the Content Gold Mining Maps & Audio Series today
353. Incorporating Core Values into Your Content43:220:00 When you think back to your childhood, were there topics that were taboo in your family? Today's guest, Judy Tsuei, is someone who helps other people dive into some of these taboo topics. We're going to talk about maybe how we can start to lean in, pay attention, and really uncover these stories and move on from them. 1:16 About Judy Tsuei2:26 Judy’s path to discovering Human Design and living as a Generator.4:01 Yong’s Human Design discovery and being a Projector as an impatient person.4:50 How discovering her Human Design gave Judy “permission” to be exactly who and how liberating it was for her. 5:30 Raising a Generator daughter and the energy it creates7:37 A good place to start to kind of assess maybe some of the topics that we learned growing up that were more taboo for us.9:36 “It's so easy to compare our insides based on someone else's outside, that's what social media does so well.” 10:19 What being a yoga teacher and a Reiki practitioner helped Judy learn.11:09 How holding onto guilt and shame was a normal part of growing up for Yong13:57 How to dig deeper into emotional vulnerability and start to let people in through our journey.18:16 Breaking down in art therapy helped Judy make a breakthrough.18:48 Just because something worked one time does not mean that it will work the next time you try it. 21:02 Embracing compassion even when it’s outside of cultural norms“It's hard to take expectations from one set of cultures to put that lens on someone else”. 22:28 Judy’s 2-minute exercise and the mindfulness practices she offers on her podcast, F*ck Saving Face, every Friday“On the other side of that challenge is a different person that can walk out of the room than walk in that room.” - Yong25:14 “Play is processing.”27:05 Judy’s favorite way to create content28:17 Judy’s journey of hiring junior copywriters and adding in a mentorship component to uplift other people and help them come up in their careers and their goals. 30:56 How to give ourselves permission to talk about what we want to talk about and stay true to who we are.33:22 “Content is about creating those meaningful connections.” 34:23 The practice of keeping yourself elevated and authentic and leaning into growing edges.35:18 Becoming a responsible content creator. 37:53 “If you're ever in question of what it is that you’re posting, go back to your core values.”39:22 Connect with Judy40:59 Come share your biggest takeaways from today’s episode inside the Arena of Awesome. ------------------------Ready to launch your very own podcast AND leverage Facebook Ads to grow your audience in just 2 days???That's exactly what's waiting for you inside Podcast Launchpad. Save your seat today.
352. Leveraging live video for a podcast38:39Save your seat for Podcast Launchpad, a 2-day LIVE learning experience with Yong Pratt and Tammy P at www.yongpratt.com/launchpadWhen: August 24-25, 2021Where: Anywhere you have access to the internetWhat you'll get:By the end of the 2 days, you'll walk away with:Your very own podcast launched or ready to launchA Facebook Ad to promote your launch and build an engaged audienceIf you've ever dreamed of launching your own podcast and learning how to use FB ads the right way, now's your chance to learn LIVE from Yong & Tammy.Save your seat at www.YongPratt.com/launchpad
351. The Oxygen Mask Effect31:560:00 Attention passengers! Should the cabin lose pressure at any time during today's flight, oxygen masks will drop down from the overhead panel. Please place the mask on your mouth and nose before assisting others. No matter how many times we hear this advice, many of us simply ignore it. We opt instead to care for those around us and prioritize them over ourselves. Our guest today is going to show us how to put the oxygen mask effect into action. 1:18 About today’s guest, Alison Swerdloff2:10 Tara’s life before The Oxygen Mask Effect7:43 On being a recovering people-pleaser.“The oxygen mask effect is saying: self-care is not selfish. You cannot serve somebody from an empty cup.” - Alison Swerdloff11:06 How Alison defines self-care“Self-care is finding what excites you, finding what energizes you." - Alison Swerdloff12:13 Why scheduling self-care is so important 12:56 Building the habits of self-care into your life.13:36 “Self-care is not selfish. It’s saying yes to yourself.” - Alison Swerdloff15:21 Alison’s favorite way to create content and share the Oxygen Mask Effect with others. 19:59 Using our voices to share with others 22:15 How Alison monetizes her business26:38 Connect with Alison28:55 Come over to the Arena of Awesome and share your biggest takeaways about self-care and the Oxygen Mask Effect.—————————Ready to launch your very own podcast AND leverage Facebook Ads to grow your audience in just 2 days???That's exactly what's waiting for you inside Podcast Launchpad. Save your seat today.
350. Zero to Podcast in Less Than 4 Hours!23:42Save your seat for Podcast Launchpad, a 2-day LIVE learning experience with Yong Pratt and Tammy P at www.yongpratt.com/launchpadWhen: August 24-25, 2021Where: Anywhere you have access to the internetWhat you'll get:By the end of the 2 days, you'll walk away with:Your very own podcast launched or ready to launchA Facebook Ad to promote your launch and build an engaged audienceIf you've ever dreamed of launching your own podcast and learning how to use FB ads the right way, now's your chance to learn LIVE from Yong & Tammy.Save your seat at www.YongPratt.com/launchpad
349. How To Rediscover Your Body32:170:00 Have you ever been asked or told to dim your light? Be less you? Be someone else because maybe somebody in our life didn't understand or appreciate who we are or what we did? Well, today's guest Tara Galeano, has some experience with that and she's going to shed some light on how when we reclaim and rediscover who we are through our bodies, those thoughts and requests will be a thing of the past. 1:12 About today’s guest, Tara Galeano, and how we connected 1:38 Tara’s life before entrepreneurship and how she got to where she is today. 3:13 Where Tara got the idea of time and learned to value it. 4:48 Reclaiming and rediscovering our own power so we can express it through our businesses “The biggest block for so many women is that we reference other people as our source of power.” - Tara Galeano"There's so much inherent power within the body, that it's a wonderful vehicle and reference point for us that we don't have to think about how to do things the body just knows." - Tara GaleanoWhen we allow the wisdom of the body to come through that our lives become so much more on point. They become so much more effortless, and that there is so much more flow in the process.” - Tara Galeano6:47 Steps we can take to tune back into our bodies and then help to amplify that out into the world.7:15 An interactive experience for you and Yong’s observations from it.8:45 How often do we do this simple practice of letting ourselves feel and just letting go because it is extraordinarily hard?10:42 Overcoming resistance, especially in content creation.12:04 How to tap back into our breath when learning to trust ourselves 15:36 How to translate that feeling of being in nature into when we sit behind our computer and we want to share something with our audience and create content. 17:36 Tara’s favorite way to create content and the intentions behind her creations23:43 On cycles and sexuality24:46 “The more that we're able to claim our desire, to claim our pleasure for ourselves, we claim this vibrancy, and that we're able to access it in a way that's deep and profound and effortless, that then shines forth in all of the other aspects of our work." - Tara Galeano 27:10 Connect with Tara29:10 Come share your biggest takeaways inside the Arena of Awesome. Let Yong know if you purchase Tara’s book and want to chat more about it or want to book club it.