Amiga, Handle Your Shit
Strengthening the LGBTQ Community with Nathalie Huerta
Are you or the people in your life in the LGBTQ community?
Today’s episode I am joined by an incredible woman, Nathalie Huerta. Nathalie is the daughter of Mexican immigrants, one of 10 children, and was raised in California. Nathalie has always loved athletics and was a collegiate basketball player at Dominican University. After undergraduate, she went on to get her MBA at the University of San Francisco and went through the Latino Entrepreneurship Initiative Fellowship Program at Stanford University. Nathalie is now the owner of the first dedicated LGBTQ gym in the country, The Queer Gym.
Nathalie and I talk about her experience coming out to her Mexican Catholic family and her journey to starting the first dedicated LGBTQ gym in the country, The Queer Gym. Her story will give you a glimpse into the struggles that the LGBTQ community experience and will help you become a better ally for those that are queer in your life.
Tune in to Episode 32 to learn about Nathalie’s experience as a queer Latina and how she is continuing to help her community!
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- About Nathalie’s upbringing with Mexican immigrant parents (7:30)
- How Nathalie came out to her family (12:36)
- About Nathalie’s family business and its influence on her business (17:55)
- The why behind The Queer Gym (34:13)
- About the importance of mindset (45:30)
- Nathalie’s advice for Latinas to handle their shit (48:00)
Connect with Nathalie Huerta: