Amiga, Handle Your Shit
Navigating Fear and Reacting Mindfully with Jackie Tapia
Can you maintain calm during uncertain times, or do your fear and anxiety take control of your responses?
In a world where news and media platforms frequently magnify and dramatize events to capture attention, the resulting surge of fear and anxiety can easily lead us to respond with impulsivity. It's during these moments of heightened emotion that the wisdom of approaching fear with mindfulness becomes crucial. The ability to navigate fear goes beyond knee-jerk reactions; it involves a conscious and deliberate process of assessing the situation, understanding the underlying emotions, and choosing a thoughtful response.
Tune in to Episode 147 of Amiga, Handle Your Shit, as Jackie addresses the prevalent fears that can arise due to the media's portrayal of events and shares strategies for responding mindfully instead of reacting impulsively. Jackie emphasizes the importance of choosing a response rooted in mindfulness and shares practical advice for maintaining calm amid uncertainty.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The Impact of Media Sensationalism on Our Perception of Events (00:03:53)
- The Importance of Using Common Sense to Gauge Real Risks (00:05:59)
- The Difference Between Reacting and Responding to Fear (00:09:20)
- How Responding Mindfully Can Help Process and Navigate Fear (00:09:35)
- Tips for Maintaining Calm and Ease During Uncertain Times (00:10:09)
- The Significance of Reviewing and Analyzing Before Responding (00:10:38)
View all episodes
150. You Are the Wildcard. How To Turn Yourself Into A Successful Business with Joni Brewer42:26Sometimes, the crucial element for changing our lives is on the other end of a phone call. The first time a friend offered Isagenix products to our guest, Joni Brewer, she said she wasn't ready for them. A rude wake-up call later, Joni felt the urge to change her life, so she called back. In this episode, we learn about Joni's unique transformational story. From middle-class, average mom and wife struggling with her weight to making her first million in 5 years, becoming Isagenix Woman Of The Year, and feeling accomplished, comfortable in her own skin, and at peace. You'll hear about Joni's mental, spiritual, and physical transformation throughout the years, her thoughts on network marketing, and why she believes it's impossible to fail at selling a product you genuinely believe in. Joni also shares multiple insights on feeling comfortable as a salesperson, the five areas you should master to succeed in network marketing, and more. Tune in to Episode 150 of Amiga, Handle Your Shit, and learn all about Joni's incredible reinvention story. In This Episode, You Will Learn:Joni's backstory and the moment she felt she had to change her life (6:30)Why Joni became so successful in network marketing (12:10)How it feels to make your first million by selling a product you love and enjoy using (18:50)"Tricking" people into good health (22:00)How to feel comfortable in sales (24:40)Five areas to master in network marketing (37:30)Connect with Joni:LinkedInVisit Isagenix's websiteLet's Connect!WebsiteFacebookInstagramLinkedInJackie Tapia Arbonne website
149. Embracing Your Divine Feminine with Jackie Tapia22:09In a society often driven by hustle and ambition, it's crucial to recognize the profound strength in embracing the Divine Feminine energy. This isn't tied to any particular religious belief; rather, it's an invitation to tap into the nurturing, intuitive, and compassionate aspects that reside within all of us. Integrating this energy into our lives brings forth a balanced and harmonious approach to everyday challenges. It empowers us to make decisions from a place of wisdom, to nurture ourselves and those around us, and to foster a deep connection with the world.In Episode 149 of Amiga, Handle Your Shit, Jackie delves into the essence of the divine feminine and its potential to catalyze miraculous shifts in our lives. Through a modern-day novena, Jackie guides listeners in a powerful visualization exercise to connect with the nurturing, compassionate energy of the Divine Feminine, personified through Mother Mary. She shares how this practice can lead to a holistic and harmonious life grounded in qualities like compassion, intuition, and strength.In This Episode, You Will Learn:Visualize the radiant light of the divine feminine within you. (00:13:50)Envision a life aligned with compassion, intuition, and strength.(00:15:41)Spread love, compassion, and understanding to all beings. (00:16:28)Cultivate gratitude for the Divine Feminine within and inspire others. (00:17:16)Explore Jackie's curated collection for a confidence boost. (00:21:27) Let's Connect!WebsiteFacebookInstagramLinkedInJackie Tapia Arbonne websiteBuy The Amiga Way’s BookShopmy Store
148. How I Went From Lawyer to Transformational Coach - Interview with Kateryn Ferreira from Geminme57:17As a Latina, what has been your experience in the corporate world? Do you feel you are equipped to fight the battles every woman of color has to fight in entrepreneurship? As first-generation Latinos, we grew up hearing that the only way out is through hard work, that the best job ever is the one you have, and you know you are doing well if you are exhausted, and every inch of your body hurts. Although there's nothing wrong with being hardworking, life doesn't have to be all pain and hustle; the road to success can also be smoother and flow easily. In today's episode, I share my interview at Geminme, Kateryn Ferreira's podcast, a show created to serve, inspire, and empower first generations. Kateryn is a First-Gen International Speaker, Author, Philanthropist, Mental Health Advocate, Self-Development Guru, and Community Builder. She is also the Executive Director and Founder of Jóvenes Empower, explicitly created to unite and empower youth worldwide to grow, learn, transform, and support each other. Tune in to Episode 148 of Amiga, Handle Your Shit, and learn about my journey from law practitioner to entrepreneur, the origin story of the Amiga Handle Your Shit! podcast, my transition to coaching, and the inspiration for my book: "The AMIGA Way." We also talked about the divine guidance always present in my life, the struggles and how I dealt with my condition, the barriers for Latinas and women of color in the workforce, and much more. In This Episode, You Will Learn:A bit about Jackie's upbringing (3:20)The work-hard mentality drilled in first-gens' heads (7:10)Jackie talks about her journey from attorney to entrepreneur (12:40)How Amiga Handle Your Shit! was born (19:20)The AMIGA formula (24:30)About how Jackie dealt with being a Latina in the corporate world (31:30)Tips and advice for young Latinos from Jackie (39:00)Resources:Book: Jackie Tapia - The AMIGA Way: Release Cultural Limiting Beliefs to Transform Your LifeThe Amiga Way AcademyShopmyConnect with Kateryn:WebsiteLinkedInInstagramGeminme podcastLet's Connect!WebsiteFacebookInstagramLinkedInJackie Tapia Arbonne website
146. Know the Safe Side of Money and Wealth with Rita Boccuzzi50:35Do you want to create change in your finances? Are you willing to risk a leap of faith into economic expansion? Informed, calculated, and educated risks are more impactful and will get you closer to the financial security, stability, and sustainability you're looking for. In this episode, I'm joined by the inspiring Rita Boccuzzi to discuss all things finances, how to produce the wealth we want in our lives, and money education. Rita is Italian-American, a Safe Money Expert and Leadership Coach, an International Keynote Speaker, and Founder & CEO of Flourish, an agency specifically designed to educate people about money and help them flourish financially. Throughout our conversation, Rita shared her thoughts on the benefits of multicultural environments, the origin and impact of the increasing homeless population in the US, and the need for making money education more accessible for the general public. We also talk about the masculine way of doing things sold to women, Rita's intention of creating collateral goodness with his work, and more. Tune in to Episode 146 of Amiga, Handle Your Shit, and learn how to create financial independence for you and your loved ones.In This Episode, You Will Learn:Wealth is not just money (3:10)A bit about Rita's background (5:50)When it comes to financial wealth, it is essential to diversify(14:00)Why we must be open to learning about money and wealth (18:10)The reason behind the increasing number of homeless women over 60 (22:20)Western women will change the world (34:40)How to create financial security, stability, and sustainability (37:50)Rita's tips and advice to handle your shit (44:40)Connect with Rita:WebsiteInstagramRita Boccuzzi's linktr.eeLet's Connect!WebsiteFacebookInstagramLinkedInJackie Tapia Arbonne website
145. The Successful Trader's Mindset with Andres Armienta27:10Do you want to start investing in stocks but don’t know where to start?In a world where news headlines often tout the success stories of stock market investors, portraying it as an effortless path to wealth, it's crucial to recognize the intricate and challenging nature of the journey. Behind every triumph lies a tale of dedication, strategy, and continuous learning. Day trading, a realm that appears alluring, demands an understanding that goes beyond the surface. The key to unlocking this world of possibilities lies in education and mentorship. The path becomes clearer by immersing oneself in instructional videos, absorbing the wisdom of seasoned traders, and seeking guidance from mentors. Starting simple is the foundation of any remarkable journey, a step towards unraveling the complexities and embracing the power of informed decisions.Andres Armienta is 27 years old and a stock trader specialized in day trading and shorting small-cap companies. He graduated from UC Davis with a bioscience degree, and he had the intention of going to medical school. Still, he decided to pursue his passion for investing and trading to see if he could succeed. Five years later, Andres runs a profitable trading business and is on track to become a successful entrepreneur. Tune in to Episode 145 of Amiga, Handle Your Shit, as Andres Armienta shares why he decided to pursue a day trading career instead of going to Med School, how he learned to trade by watching youtube videos, and why it’s essential to invest in yourself to create the life of your dreams. In This Episode, You Will Learn:From Med School to Day Trading (2:15)How Andres Learned Trading by Watching Youtube Videos (5:15)The Progression of Becoming a Successful Day Trader (9:13)Andres' Approach to Investments (20:03)Personal Mindset and Persistence as Key Factors In Achieving Success In Trading and Investing (22:55)A Reflection On Andres' Remarkable Journey and His Family's Influence on His Path to Success (25:33)Connect with Andres Armienta:Twitter Let's Connect!WebsiteFacebookInstagramLinkedInJackie Tapia Arbonne websiteBuy The Amiga Way’s Book
144. The Risk, Fears, and Reward of Starting Your Own Business with Venessa Rojas36:56Would you leave a 20+ years successful career in corporate to pursue your entrepreneurship dreams? In today's episode, I'm joined by a true powerhouse of a woman, the Cuban American Emmy award-winning producer Venessa Rojas. Venessa is the Founder of V Collectiv, a Miami-based event and creative collective formed by several award-winning event producers with proven experience in the US Hispanic market. Before starting her business in 2020, Venessa produced TV shows, a Christmas special at the White House with Gloria Estefan and President Obama, and worked with multiple personalities, like Oprah, Quincy Jones, and Gloria and Emilio Estefan. Venessa also produced for broadcast giants like Univision and Telemundo, revamped several brands, helping them attract and retain new customers, and finds personal fulfillment in volunteering for the Alzheimer's Association.Throughout our conversation, you'll hear about Venessa's background and upbringing, her journey into the entertainment industry, and the moment she risked it all and decided to start her own business. We also talk about the importance of living authentically, paying attention to the universe's messaging, trusting our capacity to succeed at things we've never done before, women's empowerment, and much more. Tune in to Episode 142 of Amiga, Handle Your Shit, and get inspired by Venessa's infectious energy and positivity. In This Episode, You Will Learn:A bit about Venessa's background (3:40)How Venessa got into the entertainment industry (8:00)Venessa's leap of faith into entrepreneurship (14:50)Sometimes, we get too deep into our heads (22:20)Venessa shares her thought on women's empowerment (24:10)Venessa's advice for how to handle your shit (30:30)Connect with Venessa:V Collectiv websiteLinkedInInstagramLet's Connect!WebsiteFacebookInstagramLinkedInJackie Tapia Arbonne website
143. The Power of Effective Partnerships with Reyes Valenzuela37:00Are you struggling to maintain successful partnerships in your personal or professional life? Creating a successful partnership is difficult, but maintaining one for an extended time is even more so. During the many years my business partner, Reyes Valenzuela, and I worked together, we had ups and downs, but we kept our relationship strong by constantly communicating and trusting each other. Think of a partnership as a financial marriage between the parties. You're both trying to achieve something for the better of the group, and you have to be completely honest and trust in each other to maintain the relationship strong. Reyes Valenzuela is a highly accomplished attorney with over two decades of experience in the legal field. Specializing in personal injury, business, family law, probate, and real estate cases, Reyes is a true jack of all trades. With a passion for helping his clients navigate complex legal matters, Reyes is known for his outstanding litigation skills and dedication to achieving favorable outcomes. As a seasoned litigator, he relishes the challenges of the courtroom and has earned a reputation for being a formidable advocate for his clients. Tune in to Episode 143 of Amiga, Handle Your Shit, as Reyes Valenzuela shares his valuable insights on effective partnerships and handling challenges, reflects on his own partnership, and highlights how different personalities and strengths can complement each other to achieve common goals. Are you interested in working with Reyes Valenzuela? Call 3234462400 or 2136233300.In This Episode, You Will Learn:How effective partnerships thrive on open communication and mutual respect (08:49)Avoiding panicking and staying calm to handle challenges (13:25)Balancing planning ahead with last-minute approaches can be advantageous (20:05) How to manage client expectations and provide realistic advice for successful outcomes (27:25)Look out for each other's interests in partnerships for long-lasting success (31:00) Connect with Reyes ValenzuelaFacebook Let's Connect!WebsiteFacebookInstagramLinkedInJackie Tapia Arbonne websiteBuy The Amiga Way’s Book
142. Breaking the Chains of Generational Trauma and Inherited Poverty with Glorimar Hickman55:08No matter how hard life's cruelty decides to hit us, and I might sound frivolous by saying this, but there is ALWAYS a way out. You are not alone; whatever you are going through, there is a helping hand ready to reach and help you out whatever situation you are in.Today, I'm joined by the inspirational Glorimar Hickman, Latina Founder & CEO, Wife, Mother, and Survivor. Glorimar is the Founder and CEO of Solvo Telecom Consulting LLC and a telecommunications expert with over 30 years in the industry. She was born in Puerto Rico and traveled to the US as a child, where her mom raised her and her siblings by herself. Throughout our conversation, Glorimar talks about her traumatic experience when she was 13 that changed her life and still haunts her through nightmares almost three decades later. We talk about her courage and resilience in breaking the chains of generational trauma, the battle she won by proving her true value to herself, how learning to love herself helped her love others, and much more.Tune in to Episode 142 of Amiga, Handle Your Shit, and hear Glorimar's testament of resilience, self-love, and courage.In This Episode, You Will Learn:A bit about Glorimar's background (4:30)The root of generational trauma and inherited poverty (8:10)A death in Glorimar's life that would change her life (10:10)Glorimar's nightmare starts (14:50)An unexpected little bundle of hope (23:00)Love forced Glorimar's hand to fight back (33:40)The marriage proposal and new beginnings. "You will stop running" (41:50)Connect with Glorimar:LinkedInLet's Connect!WebsiteFacebookInstagramLinkedInJackie Tapia Arbonne website