Amiga, Handle Your Shit
Building A Female Powerhouse Company with Kate Jerkens
Deciding to change your career path is not easy. You can have a lot of doubts and feel very confused about the steps you have to take. The best thing you can do is develop a plan of action without taking too many risks. Prepare a plan B. Think big and be open-minded. You’ll never know what the universe will send in your direction.
Today’s guest, Kate Jerkens, took the bold decision to leave her career of 15 years in the hotel business to help build what now is a very successful whiskey company. Kate will tell us about her decision and the history behind the whiskey company.
With over 15 years of experience in the hotel and hospitality industry under her belt, Kate Jerkins brings a fresh perspective to the spirits world. Kate works to solidify Uncle Nearest Premium Whiskey as the top premium spirits brand alongside distributors, bars, and restaurants worldwide. Kate joined the Uncle Nearest team before its launch in 2017 when founder and CEO Fawn Weaver approached her about the idea of starting the whiskey brand. Her extensive experience leading sales teams and ability to grow and cultivate global companies through her leadership has proven invaluable for the brand, which reached nationwide distribution in less than two years after the initial knock launch.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What was the reason you left the hotel business? (10.14)
- Which is the story’s behind the whiskey? (18.07)
- Can you provide one or two tips on how Amigas can handle her shit? (30.25)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How Kate moved from the hotel business to the whisky’s one. (10.19)
- The reality of being a woman in a whiskey business. (14.05)
- Uncle Nearest Premium Whiskey’s background story. (18.11)
Connect with Kate Jerkens