Amiga, Handle Your Shit
Autism Awareness With Linette Falcon
Autism, or autism spectrum disorder (ASD), refers to a broad range of conditions characterized by challenges with social skills, repetitive behaviors, speech, and nonverbal communication. According to the National Autism Association, autism affects an estimated 1 in 54 children in the United States today. Because Autism is a spectrum disorder, it can range from very mild to very severe and occur in all ethnic, socioeconomic, and age groups. Generally, males are four times more likely to have autism than females.
In our society, there is still a lot of stigmas and prejudice surrounding Autism. The belief that people on the spectrum can’t adjust to our “neurotypical world”, that they don’t have socials skills, and that they can’t contribute to society is shared by numerous people oround the world. Now it’s time for a change and acceptance, and the only way to do it is through proper education.
April is Autism Awareness month, so I thought it would have been very important having a special guest talking about this important topic. Today’s guest, Linette Falcon is an independent, Spanish-speaking living trust consultant. She's also the founder of Helpers Of Mankind, a non-profit association helping children with AD/HD Autism spectrum. Linette’s son was diagnosed with Autism when he was 7 years old. After the diagnosis, Linette started studying this condition and with her strength and determination, was able to find the perfect treatment to help her son striving.
Life’s not always easy, sometimes it puts us in a front of difficult situations that seem impossible to overcome. If you want to learn how to handle your shit even in the most stressful situations, join my “How to Handle your Shit and live a better life Masterclass”. It will take place on April 27, at 6 pm, April 29, at 6 pm and Friday, April 30 at noon, and the best thing of all, It’s absolutely free! Just click the link below and join me in this adventure.
Some Questions I Ask:
- How did you come to the conclusion that there was something happening, that your son wasn't meeting the markers of development? (13.04)
- Did you have to follow a different treatment plan after your son was diagnosed with Autism? (19.20)
- What kind of resources do you have in your nonprofit? (40.28)
In This Episode You Will Learn :
- What Linette did after the diagnosis and how she found the perfect treatment for her son. (19.33)
- How following a special diet can help kids with Autism. (26.50)
- What Linette’s no-profit Helpers For Mankind does. (41.18)
Connect with Linette: