Understanding Industrial-Grade AI and AI Performance Risk Insurance
Artificial intelligence has come a long way in the last few years and it is making a significant impact in many industries. However, there is still notable reluctance to hand over more operations to AI-based systems because they are still not seen as being robust enough to be fully relied upon.
In today’s episode, I am talking to Michael Berger, the head of Munich Reinsurance’s AI Insurance Unit, and Boris Scharinger, a senior innovation manager at Siemens Digital Industries. We’ll discuss AI performance risk insurance and the progress of industrial-grade AI.
Tune in and learn more about what’s happening in the field of AI, the challenges it’s facing, and what the future holds for it.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How AI performance risk contributes to the adoption of technology (2:32)
- What industrial-grade AI concept entails (7:09)
- Ingredients of industrial-grade AI (8:03)
- Challenges facing industrial-grade AI development (10:20)
- Importance of AI models’ robustness (11:06)
- How AI risk is assessed by an insurer (13:32)
- Qualities of a good AI solution (14:36)
- Experts' thoughts on where AI will be in 3-4 years (17:35)
Connect with Michael Berger:
Connect with Boris Scharinger:
Connect with Thomas Dewey: