Exploring the Impact of AI in CFD
Integration of AI into engineering solutions has changed how engineers approach product selection and development. One of the areas that have benefited the most from this integration is performance simulation. It has led to accurate decisions being made much faster as engineers use accurate insights that AI makes available to them.
In today’s episode, I am talking to Krishna Veeraraghavan - Project Manager at Siemens Digital Industries Software. We’ll discuss the role AI is playing in computational fluid dynamics (CFD), the benefits and the challenges in implementing AI into CFD simulations, as well as the different techniques that are deployed in CFD.
Tune in and learn more about the process of integrating AI into CFD, and the impact it’s having on the users.
In this episode, you will learn:
- What is computational fluid dynamics (CFD)? (3:11)
- How the CFD journey looks like for the customer (4:40)
- How AI is used in interpreting CFD simulation results (14:02)
- What AI techniques are deployed in CFD (15:43)
- The AI model training process in CFD (17:12)
- How customers are using AI in CFD (19:24)
- Where AI/ML will be in the future (21:53)
- The benefits of bringing AI into CFD simulation (24:48)
- The challenges faced by customers in AI-powered CFD adoption (25:44)
Connect with Krishna Veeraraghavan:
Connect with Thomas Dewey: